Senior Software Engineer - Frontend Specialist
- The Senior Software Engineer is responsible for the development, testing and maintenance of software applications to meet critical business needs.
- Develops and manages tooling and frameworks involved in the development and optimization of web applications.
- Works under a team lead to assist in the technical and architectural direction of projects. Also supports the team lead in ongoing evaluation of platforms/applications to identify possible improvements in efficiency and performance.
- Researches and analyzes solutions to determine the most appropriate solution for a given business need.
- Assists in writing documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance of software.
- Collaborates with internal teams and users to define system requirements and updates.
- Strong understanding of Object-Oriented design and development
- Strong understanding of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA)
- 6+ years of development experience in large-scale application development
- Highly proficient in CSS and pre/post-processors such as Sass, Less and PostCSS.
- Highly proficient in IDE and browser debugging tools.
- Experience and/or functional knowledge of Web Components (Custom Elements, ShadowDOM and Template Literals)
- Experience with testing frameworks such as Jest, Mocha, Jasmine and Nightwatch
- Able to work well within the constructs of an agile development process
- Experience with relational and non-relational databases
- Experience with application containerization; familiar with tools such as Docker, Kubernetes, Platform9, ECS, EKS, OpenShift, Cloud Foundry
- Minimum: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or comparable experience
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.