Senior Systems Engineer / Architect – Workplace Services Desktop Engineering (100% Remote Throughout US - OR Charlotte)
Job Description Join the Workplace Services Desktop Engineering Team and you'll work at the highest systems level to provide expert advice and counsel to users, management and IT project teams for systems of the most complex nature (typically crossing function / location lines). Evaluate new technologies and develop departmental standard practices. Recognized as technical solutions expert within the department and demonstrate the ability to provide leadership and guidance to technical and non-technical associates. Identify or react to problems related to the end user technology infrastructure or in support of the software development process. Demonstrate a broad knowledge level across multiple areas of information technology. May be involved as a key team member on strategic or enterprise-wide technology innovations, challenges or issues.
We are looking for a highly seasoned senior Windows systems engineer / solutions architect with primary focus on the desktop engineering space. The candidate will be joining a very dynamic environment where she / he will be expected to take on challenges and comfortably be able to come up with innovative and cutting-edge desktop technology solutions which meet our business needs, are secure, and provide the best in-class end user experience. The candidate is expected to be able to independently architect new solutions and lead and execute projects hands-on from start to end (technology research, tool selection, solution design, solution engineering, implementation and hand-over to operations). Innovation and the eagerness to continuously keep up to date with the cutting-edge technologies are some of the key qualities that this candidate must have. The candidate will collaborate closely with off-shore operations support teams. Responsibilities
- Creates a vision that connects engineering strategies to the big picture and sets action plans accordingly
- Displays forward thinking and resourcefulness
- Exhibits technical proficiency and innovations
- Partners with application development and infrastructure teams to align leading edge and leveraging strategies
- Work with Security team to ensure system configurations follow security policies and controls standards
- Create technology efficiency and new capabilities using automation
- Ability to deal with ambiguity and drive clarity and actions
- Ability to summarize complex technical and business issues to the appropriate audience
- Ability to work with a variety of development environments and platforms
- Ability to participate in teams across organizations to solve business and technical issues
- Ability to successfully multi-task and prioritize work
- Provide end to end ownership of technology products that includes their complete lifecycle
- Process management: analyze, optimize and / or automate end-user related IT processes. Govern process implementation and adherence with IT Support teams
- Propose and implement medium to large scale system deployment (hardware, OS and cloud platforms)
- Support new and existing deployments through the analysis of metrics, logs, system alarms etc. to troubleshoot problems and perform preventative maintenance on the various products
- Create new tools and automation of existing ones to improve efficiency of product maintenance
- Analyze, acquire, install, modifie and support operating systems
- Conduct highly complex systems automation / scripting and systems support activities, including system integration and monitoring
- Create design documentation for new solution, products and procedures
- Maintain existing documentation of systems processes and procedures
- Facilitate outage restoration calls to access application impact, notify the business, and restore system issues
- Responsible to document issue summary, provide root cause analysis, and implement remediation actions
- Work with the security team to analyze and remediate vulnerabilities discovered within the operating systems
- Work closely with L3 and L2 support groups to develop, plan, and implement system enhancements and upgrades
- Be available for L3 escalation requests
- Architecture and delivery of effective Desktop Engineering solutions (HW and Software / SCCM / Automation / GPOs / WSUS / SCUP / MDT / APP-V and physical machine Image Creation, Azure, Intune, Windows Virtual Desktops, AWS Workspaces, Lambda) as well as creation of associated design and operating documentation
- Technical Lead for end user virtualization technologies (AWS Workspaces / Windows Virtual Desktops) engineering, standardization, governance and point of escalation for our operations teams
- Will support the design, engineering and implementation of Windows and Mac desktop security hardening at Moody's
- Automation of many different daily manual tasks via PowerShell, Python or other scripting languages
- Patch management engineering, standardization and governance.
- Effectively and independently take on and manage tasks / work inside multiple projects simultaneously
- Work seamlessly with other Moody's IT teams on complex engineering projects
- Lead the triage of complex technical issues related to Infrastructure applications and a multitude of other variables in the mix
- Perform periodic infrastructure applications assessments and documentation review as part of our application governance
- Own the architecture and solution design for all Desktop Egnieering projects.
- Will be the primary SME on selected windows infra apps technologies and tools related to Desktop Engineering and responsible for mentoring other members of the team and do periodic knowledge share session often including our L2 and L3 support teams.
- If required to perform his duties, the candidate is expected to be able to attend meetings in different time zones and with offshore partner resources.
- Business fluent English is required.
- Must be comfortable to collaborate and excel in a true global and multicultural environment.
Qualifications Technical Skills
Education Qualification and Certification Requirements
- Strong understanding and experience on Desktop Engineering technologies (SCCM / OSD / WSUS / Intune MEM / Autopilot, Azure, AWS).
- Senior level expertise on Windows OS.
- Linux and MacOS experience is a plus.
- Expertise on Active Directory / DNS / PKI / DFS / RDS / IIS / SFTP and senior level expertise on Group Policies related to windows desktop environments are a MUST.
- Expertise with end user virtualization technologies (AWS Workspaces / Azure WVD / USMT / APP-V / Profile management).
- Senior level expertise on Microsoft Office application configurations, browser configuration and hardening.
- Strong understanding of security concepts (SSL, PKI, IPSec, VPNs, Firewalls, DMZ, Proxy, and cyber-attacks) is required.
- Automation skills are a must, PowerShell, Python are preferred. Other programming languages are a plus.
- Patch management expertise using any of the standard patch mgmt. technologies like SCCM / WSUS / 3 rd / Windows Update for Business party is a MUST.
- The ability to be able to document, diagram, and flowchart complex design concepts is a must.
- Expertise with some of the desktop related windows security tools (Avecto / Symantec / CIS Hardening, etc.) is a big plus.
- Basic understanding of network concepts (VLANs / Routing / TCP / IP / Load Balancing / Traffic Analysis, etc.) is required.
- Ability to effectively present information in both technical and non-technical terms.
- Strong communication; verbal, written and collaboration skills.
- Strong understanding and experience on Microsoft Core Infrastructure.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science or equivalent area of study.
- Industry certifications in relevant area is a plus.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in IT industry in relevant area.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law. Click here to view our Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination statement.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.