Director, Cloud Reliability / IaaS Engineering
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
Role reports into Global Head of IaaS with peer roles providing Architecture and Operational functions. This is technical leadership role where a successful candidate will have both the ability to roll-up his or her sleeves to seek technical challenges and build and grow a hardworking team.
Lead of the Engineering and Design function for the Firm's strategic Private Cloud platform, Operating Systems, and Public Cloud Enabling capabilities.
- Manages a team across globe of ~20 Engineers delivering software-defined infrastructure solutions used across all lines of business
- Partners extensively with external vendors to deliver solutions, perform product evaluations, and drive requirements into roadmaps
- Represent Firm on Customer Councils and Industry Forums
- Partner with Application Development Leads to prioritize requirements develop technical solutions to business problems.
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application
- Ability to own an engineering team operating in an Agile Scrum framework
- Equivalent experience with software development lifecycle processes and tooling, including automated test
- Outstanding knowledge of VMWare products such as vRealize Suite, NSX, and ESX is a plus!
- Experience with Containers solutions such as Kubernetes and OpenShift
- Experience developing APIs and Orchestrated Workflows.
- Experience developing instrumentation and telemetry to collect data used to drive operational analytics.
- Proficient with Microsoft Windows and RedHat Linux operating systems
- Experience implementing controls to ensure ongoing compliance with security baselines and standard methodologies.
- Experience implementing and scaling automation tools such as Ansible, Terraform, and Puppet.
- Hardworking, result oriented, strong communication skills with ability to structure message for detailed technical audiences or senior managers.
- Experience developing high-performing engineering teams.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.