Head of Operational Risk Modeling & Scenario Analysis
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards
The role will be leading the US NFRM Operational Risk Capital & Scenarios team responsible for Operational Risk capital and stress testing assessments, including CCAR/DFAST. This will include line management responsibilities for the team, meetings with senior managers and subject matter specialists, and managing project plans and timelines. Responsibilities:
- Take ownership of the Operational Risk CCAR/DFAST models, including both model development and execution.
- Develop quantitative models and structured scenarios within the scenario library
- Contribute to wider integration and development of capital & scenario approaches as part of broader global Non-Financial Risk Management team.
- Analyze all information sources such as risk and audit reports, loss data, key risk indicators, and standards documentation.
- Prepare and develop analytical material using risk loss data, metrics, business environment and internal control factors.
- Improve existing processes around data collection and preparation, production and reporting
- Prepare reports and presentations for management meetings and governance bodies.
- Ensure documentation is produced for meeting discussions, coordinate and track closure of follow-up action items.
- Guarantee timely implementation of internal and external audit points together with any issues raised by external regulators as applicable,
- Over time, the role offers an outstanding opportunity to increase coverage and exposure over different operational risk components spanning across the US legal entities.
- Closely coordinate with Group and other legal entity NFRM leads and other partners globally, building positive relationships.
- Train team members to build their expertise in the relevant field.
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- 10 years of experience in a financial institution with understanding and practical experience of model development and scenario analysis.
- Strong experience with statistical modelling and familiarity with econometric modelling techniques.
- Experience in CCAR, and Economic Capital requirements.
- Experience in an operational risk management role is a plus!
- MSc or PhD in a quantitative subject with a preference for statistics and applied probability.
- Outstanding managerial skills, including setting objectives, motivating employees, and prioritizing tasks, while adapting in the delivery of priorities.
- Knowledge of U.S. regulations with respect to operational risk, including stress testing and capital adequacy as well as familiarity with risk management concepts such as risk identification, measurement techniques, data aggregation and reporting processes.
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills.
- Proficient mathematical and computing skills.
- Ability to communicate complex concepts to varied target audiences in a logical and precise manner.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including an ability to provide clear and comprehensive responses, while “making the complex simple.” Sensitivity and ability to balance business needs and requirements.
- Hardworking, result oriented with the ability to work well under pressure and within tight timelines.
- A self-directed teammate with a proven track record of delivery.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success. Credit Suisse complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws prohibiting discrimination in employment in every jurisdiction in which it maintains facilities. Subject to applicable law and regulatory requirements, Credit Suisse complies with state and local laws regarding considering for employment qualified individuals with criminal histories.