Accountant - Custody Administrator
- Omaha, NE, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Northstar Financial
- 09 Nov 17 2017-11-09
The Accountant - Custody Administrator is responsible for handling the custody processing aspects for the Mutual Fund clients of Gemini Fund Services, LLC ("GFS"), a wholly owned subsidiary of NorthStar Financial Services Group, LLC.
• Invests excess cash within custody account into short-term investment as specified by client.
• Ensures client trade tickets match broker instructions on Depository Trust Company ("DTC") trades; researches and resolves any differences in order to affirm trade.
• Approves and faxes non-DTC trades to settlement bank for foreign trades, futures and options.
• Inputs fund expenses to be processed by wire or check as assigned by Fund Administration team.
• Ensures all statements are received and reconciliation is completed within established standards.
• Reconciles, researches, and resolves any out of balances, asset discrepancies, and overdrafts.
• Informs clients of Corporate Actions and acts on client instructions by processing and completing form.
CASH AVAILABILITY REPORTING
• Prepares Cash Availability report by utilizing information obtained from Transfer Agency, Fund Accounting and Fund Administration departments as to daily cash availability to be invested.
• Sends cash availability report to clients on a daily basis at a specified time.
• Monitors custody account cash balances and reconciles balance to cash availability.
• Researches and resolves differences between custody cash balance and cash availability report.
• Performs new account setup, account opening process and maintenance for custody clients.
• Completes necessary documentation for receipt/delivery of assets and tracking of custody client assets.
• Develops, maintains and updates custody administrative procedures.
May perform other duties as required and assigned.
WORKING RELATIONSHIPS & CONTACTS
• Daily contact with fund administration team regarding expense invoices and payments.
• Daily contact with fund accounting team regarding custody cash and trade settlement issues.
• Daily contact with client regarding report or corporate action processing.
• Basic knowledge and understanding of mutual funds, financial markets, and various investment instruments preferred
• Ability to multi-task while maintaining careful attention to detail
• Ability to work effectively both individually and within a team environment
• Ability to work with a sense of urgency to meet deadlines and address competing priorities
• Proficient skills with Microsoft Office software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
• Effective written, listening and verbal communication skills
• Effective problem solving, organizational and analytical skills
• Minimum of an Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Accounting, Tax, Finance or related field required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
• Minimum of 1 - 3 years in custody management, accounting, reconciliation or finance required
• Previous experience working in Mutual Fund industry preferred
*Equivalent education and experience will be considered
The statements in this document are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, knowledge, skills, and abilities required of individuals so classified. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential job duties and responsibilities.
Normally works in a general office environment with the use of computer, printer, telephone, copier, fax, and calculator. Lighting and temperature are adequate and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc.