- Omaha, NE, USA
- Permanent, Full time
User Experience Designer
Location: Omaha, NE, USAWe are looking for a User Experience (UX) Designer to join the UX team within Moody's Analytics Enterprise Risk Solutions (ERS) organization. This role is responsible for understanding our business requirements and any technical limitations, as well as be responsible for conceiving and conducting user research, interviews and surveys, and translating them into user flows, customer journey maps, wireframes and prototypes. The UX designer will also be expected to design the overall functionality of the product, and in order to ensure a great user experience, iterate upon it in accordance with user-testing.
- Translate concepts into user flows, wireframes and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
- Identify design problems and devise solutions that help users easily solve problems.
- Apply custom application controls and iconography.
- Simplify and turn complex information into intuitive graphics, charts, graphs, and other forms of visual representation.
- Create rapid prototypes to validate design concepts with stakeholders and customers.
- Contribute in building a user experience pattern library, to maintain consistency in behaviors across multiple products.
- Participate in the definition of user-centered design process.
- Work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
- Ask smart questions, take risks and champion new ideas.
- Be passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation.
Credit Assessment and Origination
- Undergraduate (e. g., Bachelor s degree) in graphic design, interactive design, information architecture or related discipline.
- 3 or more years of relevant experience.
- Exceptional design skills, production value and attention to detail. (portfolio to back it up)
- Ability to clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas and solutions.
- Be passionate about resolving user pain points through great design.
- Be excited about collaborating and communicating closely with team members and stakeholders.
- Be open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism.
- Ability to successfully juggle multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Experience in financial environment preferred.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $4.2 billion in 2017, employs approximately 11,900 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 41 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.