Prin, Business Analysis- Reference Data or Master Data Management
Masters Data Technology team with Architecture and Data ScienceDivision is at the forefront of building BNY Strategic Reference Data PlatformsInitial Focus on the initiative is to stand up Client, Account, Product,Reference and Security Master
The Masters Technology team is looking for a motivated SrMainframe App Dev with hands on experience in building enterprise widetechnology solutions. Candidate is expected to be operating under the guidanceof Tech Delivery Manager however is expected to be self-starter and operatewith an ownership mentality. Candidate will be, in due course, over-seeing asmall team of contractors. He/ She is expected to mentor summer interns andjunior developers and grow over next few years. Candidate must aware of AgileSoftware Delivery Practice.
TheMaster Data Management team within BNY Mellon's Architecture and Data Team islooking for a candidate with strong data and business analysis expertise. Thecandidate will be working to build out core capabilities in the enterprise widemasters to enhance firmwide adoption and usage. This includes gathering andanalysing information, evaluating business systems and user needs, documentingrequirements, and communicating specifications to business and technical users.
Leads research and analysis in support of emerging technologies. Serves as subject matter expert in the specification, design, implementation and support of complex telecommunication systems and networks. Leads network architecture planning and the development and maintenance of technical standards and network practices. Manages the specification/design, procurement and setup of telecommunications hardware. Provides performance analysis of software, hardware and network systems. Troubleshoots highly complex telecommunications hardware and software problems. Uses expertise to lead the specification, design, consolidation and support of the local communications network. Plans and oversees the implementation of new technology and systems. Consults with users, administrators, and engineers to identify business and technical requirements for proposed system modifications or technology purchases. Provides input to telecommunications strategy based on findings. Communicates with telecommunications vendors to obtain pricing and technical specifications for available hardware, software, or services. Evaluates services/products as possible solutions for future requirements or as a replacement/upgrade to existing network. Develops strategy of disaster recovery plans to ensure business continuity. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in a related discipline or equivalent work experience required, 8-10 years of experience in designing, evaluating, implementing and supporting major, high-traffic networks and inter-networking strategies required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
Solid financial services background (experience working with different lines of businesses including but not limited to: asset servicing, corporate trust, treasury services, investment management and broker dealer business).
- Constructing workflow charts and diagrams; studying system capabilities and writing specifications
- Running complex SQL queries
- Data analysis and compiling reports
- Translating business requirements to functional requirements
- Excellent documentation skills (meeting minutes, status updates, current and target state documentation)
- Strong communication and presentation skills to multiple stakeholders
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Experience working on client and account projects (including but not limited to Customer Relationship Management programs, Client Onboarding, Account Processing, Client Life Cycle Management)
- Knowledge of BNY legacy systems, businesses, and current account and client processing within each line of business
- Product expertise (Derivatives, FX, Equities, Collateral)
- Experience working on process improvement projects and build out of enterprise wide masters/systems
- UX/UI experience- creating mock-ups, wire frames, drafting business requirements for new systems
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Knowledge/Experience with transmission protocols: SFTP, NDM Connect Direct
- Experience developing software in a regulated business environment.
- Experience working and delivering solutions across a multi-location team.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New Jersey-Jersey City Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Architecture And Data-HR16450 Requisition Number: