Legal Research Analyst - Citator
Bloomberg Law is dependent upon our legal research analysts to continue building excellent products using a unique combination of business insight, domain knowledge, technical expertise and an entrepreneurial spirit. BLAW provides a variety of opportunities for legal professionals to embark on a cutting edge career combining their legal knowledge with world class technology and motivated colleagues.
As a member of the Citator team, you will have the opportunity to function as a subject matter expert in all areas of the law, providing the legal insights our customers require. You will work with our business partners to ensure our data meets the high quality standards our clients expect, providing timely and accurate analytics. You will also have the unique opportunity to partner with engineering and machine learning experts in order to explore new technologies with an eye towards innovation and evolution of the product.
Bloomberg Law offers a distinctive and prestigious alternative legal career which allows you to blend your passion for the law with technical know-how, business acumen, and data analysis. We are looking for creative and energetic individuals who are able to solve problems on a large scale while still maintaining attention to detail. What's in it for you:
You will need to have:
- Contribute to developing and maintaining the BLAW platform.
- You'll belong to a team responsible for analyzing court opinions on BLAW.
- You'll benefit from Bloomberg's dynamic and collaborative environment and contribute to creating new technology-driven solutions for legal professionals.
- We'll invest in you, and coupled with our individualized approach to career development, we will help you expand your skills and opportunities.
We'd love to see:
- Graduated with a Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an accredited law school.
- Passed a state bar examination and either have been admitted, or be pending admission.
- A keen interest in building your technology knowledge and skills. Ideal candidates will have basic understanding or a desire to learn data analysis tools, including Excel, Python, and/or SQL.
- Familiarity with online legal research tools. Experience with the BLAW product is a plus.
- Strong analytical, written and verbal communication skills.
- Willingness to travel.
- Legal authorization to work in the US without visa sponsorship now or in the future.
Does this sound like you?
- Professional work experience in the legal field. Ideal candidates will have 1 to 3 years of professional work experience with a demonstrated aptitude for legal research and analysis and creative problem-solving.
- Experience with process reengineering, or with improving/enhancing an existing process.
- Demonstrate intellectual curiosity with a willingness to challenge oneself and peers to drive innovation of thought.
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know the next steps.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.