Technical Operations Analyst Internship
Bloomberg runs on data, and data drives the market. Our Global Data team acquires and supplies this data to our clients. Teams work collaboratively to collect, analyze, process and publish the data which is the backbone of our iconic Bloomberg Terminal - the data ultimately feeding and moving the financial markets. The Role:
As a Global Data Technical Operations Intern, you will have a passion for using data and technology to solve complex problems in creative ways. You will have a natural eye for detail, an interest in the data that feeds the financial markets, and an appetite for understanding how technology can be used to enhance workflows, improve quality, and expand coverage. You will work with stakeholders to understand and build technology solutions which bring market moving data to clients. You will work with our analysts who provide unparalleled customer service, establish relationships with key market players in the financial industry, inspire news content, and revolutionize Global Data at Bloomberg! Our Team:
Enterprising - and not defined by conventional roles. Our goal is to innovate, and therefore we welcome diverse skills, experiences, and thinking. You can be a designer, scientist, engineer- or you can wear many hats. We are looking for people who are self-starters, think big picture, and act fast to contribute to our dynamic environment. Last but certainly not least, you'll be trusted to bring curiosity, passion, and an entrepreneurial spirit to the table.
You will be joining our Technical Operations team within Global Data. You will gain exposure to all aspects of our group, which encompasses:
Acquisition - develop cutting-edge technologies to redefine our content acquisition tools and implement solutions that not only improve how we acquire content, but also how we inventory, enrich, classify, and route that content to the teams interested in it
Data Engineering - integrates with teams across Global Data to implement scalable production quality services which automate routing, data processing, and workflow integration through the adoption of industry leading technologies in areas such as machine learning, quantitative modeling, big data storage + analytics, and data pipelining
Data Quality - designs and implements tools that empower Global Data to use statistics and data science to understand their data and improve its overall quality, reducing errors and improving the experience for our clients
Business Process Management - which partners with Global Data to provide insight on end-to-end data processing lifecycles. This can take the form of ensuring this operational data is effectively loaded into business intelligence systems, making data visualizations to enable data driven decision making, and finally applying these insights in conjunction with process engineering to recommend enhancements to processes through workflow development What's in it for you?
You'll need to have:
- Gain hands-on exposure to our systems, processes, clients, and the financial markets
- Apply problem-solving skills to identify innovative workflow efficiencies and implement technology solutions to enhance our systems and current processes
- Discover how we maintain the standards of accuracy and timeliness for which our data is famous for
- Contribute to and lead projects that have an exponential impact on our systems and clients
- Learn how technology is applied at an enterprise level to solve business problems
- Receive in-depth training in the areas of terminal navigation, computer scripting languages, and professional development skills all through exposure to senior management
- Be mentored by one of our experienced team members throughout the 10-week internship
- Gain feedback on how to continue to develop your skills and expertise
We'd love to see:
- Availability to start a full-time position in 2022
- Availability to commit to the entire intern program length (June 7th- August 13th)
- Legal authorization to work full-time in the United States and will not require visa sponsorship now or in the future (U.S. citizen, U.S. permanent resident/green card holder, refugee, asylee)
- Strong passion for data, technology, and finance
- Prior coursework or involvement within a field like Information Systems, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, Data Science, or other related areas
- Strong aptitude for problem solving and the drive to think creatively
- A demonstrable commitment to enhancing and developing products
Does this sound like you?
- Recent work experience, internship or coursework in Statistics, Engineering, Data Modeling or related discipline
- Experience in customer service or client relationship management
- Effective project management skills
- Enthusiasm and commitment to extracurricular activities and interests
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are! Please note this is a two stage application process, following the submission of your candidate details you will receive an email with directions to complete an online assessment. Your application will not be complete until you have submitted the assessment.
In the meantime feel free to have a look at this: https://www.bloomberg.com/careers/global-data/
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.