- Weehawken, NJ, USA Weehawken NJ US
- Permanent, Full time
- Synechron Inc.
- 20 Sep 18 2018-09-20
Synechron, Inc. is seeking a Devops Engineer for a leading Investment Banking client based out at Weehawken, NJ.
Synechron, one of the fastest-growing digital, business consulting & technology services providers, is a $450 million firm based in New York.
Since inception in 2001, Synechron has been on a steep growth trajectory. With 7,500+ professionals operating in 18 countries across the world, it has presence across US, Australia, Canada, UK, Japan, The Netherlands, Hong Kong, Singapore, UAE, Ireland, Germany, Switzerland, Luxembourg, Italy, France, and Development Centers in India.
Please do visit our website: http://www.synechron.com
- Manage daily operational activities that develop and implement tactical plans for multiple components/processes for a specified area within IT
- Develop protocols to support established standards
- Manage issues proactively including timely resolution and the identification of remediation opportunities
- Identify and resolve systemic issues to prevent them from repeating
- Understand short and long-term goals and objectives and recommends technical solutions and services
- Maintain the organization's effectiveness and efficiency by defining, delivering, and supporting strategic plans for implementing information technologies
- Develop and proposes options with pros/cons and risks, and works with stakeholders to finalize the best solution that meets business needs
- Participate in, and contribute to the development of technical/business approaches and/or the recommendation of current system enhancements
- Understand the underlying technologies and applications utilized within specified area of responsibility to direct how to design, develop, test, and implement priority technology requirements
- Establish credibility with partners while managing expectations
- Ensure frequent, continuous and effective communications with team members, within IT, and with stakeholders to set expectations and negotiate priorities appropriately, via both formal and informal channels/ mechanisms
- Share information cross-functionally to improve workflow processes
- Interact with direct reports and peers in management/customers/vendors to share information and improve cross-departmental processes
- Minimum Experience: 5 years in a variety of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLCs) methodologies and associated governance
- Experience with configuration management and provisioning tools, such as Chef, Puppet, SALT, Vagrant, etc.
- Experience with build tools, such as TeamCity, Bamboo, Jenkins, Maven
- Experience working in a diverse, team-focused environment with other SREs, Engineers, Product Managers, etc.
- Experience on a DevOps team in an Agile software development organization
- Knowledge of architectural principles and experience with frameworks
- Experience managing full 3 tier application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
- Experience with package managers such as Bower and npm
- Experience with logging infrastructure and tools such as Logstash, Elasticsearch, Kibana, Graphite, Splunk, and HDFS
- Knowledge of network theory, such as different protocols, for e.g.: TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, MAC addresses, IP packets, DNS, OSI layers, and load balancing
Talent Acquisition - Synechron
Level 7, 95 Gresham Street, London - EC2V 7NA, United Kingdom