Java Oracle Developer
Your team :
The IB IT Advisory Research & CRM team is part of the IB IT function and is dedicated to Corporate Center within the UBS Group. The team is responsible for a broad range of applications across data, analysis, CRM, Research Publishing and Marketing. Our role is to develop data warehouse applications for several thousand Sales and Research staff deployed globally across the Investment Bank.
– Excellent Server Side Java, Spring IoC framework, RESTful API skills
– Experience working on J2EE – JDBC, JMS (messaging middleware tech), MVC (Model View Controller), Tibco EMS
– Experience in writing unit testing and integration testing. Have used Junit/ Mockito / testing frameworks
– Exposure to web application, deploying jar /war on web container servers such as Tomcat, JBoss
– Unix scripting and maven, nexus deployment tools, scripting (bash, perl, python)
– Oracle SQL / PL/SQL skills: Performance tuning and Dimensional modelling / Data Warehouse
– Exposure to Business Objects / Reporting Tools and PostgreSQL skills preferable
– Know-how of agile development practices (Scrum, XP, Pair Programming etc.)
– Experience of Greenplum/PostgreSQL and Python (optional).
– delivery minded able interpret a set of business requirements, and turn them into simple, sensible solutions
– experienced in application delivery. You can take ownership of issues, quick to find solutions and will find ways to continuously improve the code in order to prevent reoccurrences.
– passionate with the skills needed to influence the wider technical community within UBS by promoting best practices and pro-actively evaluating and proposing new technologies
– imaginative and creative. You happily embrace emerging technologies and design techniques
– adaptable, able to work across teams and functions