Sr Analyst, Information Security Incident Response (Contract)
Broadridge, a global fintech leader with over $4 billion in revenue, provides communications, technology, data, and analytics. We help drive business transformation for our clients with solutions for enriching client engagement, navigating risk, optimizing efficiency, and generating revenue growth. Broadridge employs over 10,000 full-time associates globally with a significant presence in North America, Europe, and Asia. Please visit our website at www.broadridge.com to learn more.
Broadridge is hiring a Security Incident Response, Senior Analyst at our Newark, NJ location! Connected via skywalk to the transportation hub of Newark Penn Station this office location allows for convenient access from NYC or NJ by rail or by car. This position offers the option of working two days a week from home.
You will take ownership of security incidents and work with Broadridge Information Security teams, Technology teams, and Business representatives to ensure appropriate containment, response, and remediation is carried out. If you're looking to join a growing and dynamic team and have a real passion for Information Security, we encourage you to read below! Responsibilities
- Ownership of moderate to complex incidents that tie to a Financial Services Technology business.
- Strong leadership through example. Assist with the cultivation of junior members of the team.
- Work collaboratively in a follow the sun team model.
- Create and maintain well documented and tested security incident management procedures and run books aligning with industry standard methodologies
- Develop and maintain strong business and technology relationships, becoming a trusted partner through routine verbal communications and hosting meetings.
- Cultivate awareness and strategic partnerships to ensure timely incident response
- Coordinate containment, response, and recovery efforts in accordance with documented procedures
- Provide periodic progress report and updates to management for ongoing security incidents
- Develop and share RCA (Root Cause Analysis) reports to support program development, growth, and continued alignment with threats and threat actors.
- Lead Security Incident Table Top and Tests exercises across various internal Divisions.
- Bachelors of Science degree required. Computer Science or Computer Security Degree preferred.
- 4+ years' experience in information security incident management.
- Understanding of security technologies: IPS, WAF, NAC... etc.
- Knowledge of networking (TCP/IP, topology, and security), operating systems (Windows/Linux), and web technologies (Internet security).
- Ability to work on a team or independently with minimal supervision to achieve project achievements and deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; able to present information in clear, concise terms to all levels in the organization, as well as business partners, vendors and technical staff.
- Capable of performing reverse engineering and exploit analysis.
- Security certifications helpful but not required.
- Knowledge of Splunk; AWS Technologies; Encase; FTK or SOAR
- Familiar with Mitre Att&ck, Cyber kill chain
- Familiar with government publications: National Cyber Incident Response Plan; NIST, SP 800-61; Computer Security Incident Handling Guide; NIST, SP 800-86, Guide to Applying Forensic Techniques to Incident Response; NIST, SP 800-94 Guide to Intrusion Detection and Prevention Systems (IDPS); NIST, SP 800-184, Guide for Cybersecurity Event Recovery