- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Mar 18
AVP-Software Engineer(Java and SOA)
Location: New York, NY, USAObjective:
AVP - Software engineering will be responsible for designing and developing financial software applications using Agile approach. He/she will be working with application architects, business analysts, developers, and QA analysts (both in-house and vendor) while being fully responsible for development deliverables. Strong Web development knowledge with Java along with SOA experience is essential to this position.
Individual will be responsible for:
- Run daily SCRUM.
- Participate in some or all activities in software development lifecycle in agile process
- Independently propose and implement strategic/tactical solutions to critical business/technical problems
- Evaluate functional requirements and provide estimates of efforts
- Work with / lead/guide/influence team of full-time employees and onshore/offshore contractors operating at multiple locations across time zones
- Demonstrate good design principles and ability to adhere to complex design
- Develop common, reusable components and services utilizing Moody's best practices
- Create high performance, low latency applications components in highly concurrent environment.
- Liaise with multiple teams to collaborate on identifying opportunities and solutions
- Partner with stakeholders to continue to evolve application roadmap beyond near-term objectives
- Conduct code, design, and architecture reviews
- Document software architecture & design using TOGAF & UML as per Moody's standards.
- Keep up to date on technology and business domain
Moody's Information Technology
- Bachelors in Engineering/Computer science
- 7+ year of total software development experience.
- 5+ years Hands-on experience in design, development, testing and operational support of Java, J2EE, JMS, SOAP, SQL, JSON, XML based applications.
- Must-have skills and experience:
- Experience in Full Stack development i.e. UI to backend software.
- Experience with Java based frameworks: JPA, Springboot, Spring framework
- Agile Scrum experience, while displaying familiarity/experience with other SDLC approaches
- Experience in SOA with understanding of Web Services (REST and SOAP)
- Experience with major open source libraries , tools and frameworks like Hibernate, apache commons, Hazelcast, Maven.
- SQL and database knowledge (Oracle)
- Experience with UI framework or libraries like AngularJS or React/Redux.
- Experience with JBoss Studio ,Eclipse and/similar IDE tools
- Experience with Messaging tools like using JMS, IBM /MQ
- Experience with SQL query optimization.
- Additional skills (a plus):
- Experience with Micro services and design patterns
- Experience with build technologies such as Maven, Gradle, Jenkins, SonarQube.
- Experience with SonarQube, Jenkins and DevOps.
- Experience with Pega.
- Exposure to NoSql database like MongoDB
- Exposure to Python
- Exposure any machine learning libraries like Tensorflow or Scikit learn
- Exposure to reporting or BI tools like Tableau.
- Soft Skills: -
- Demonstrated team player
- Individual demonstrates MIT values.
- Knowledge of the system development life cycle, and system and application program development.
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.