Grade Level: 11 (For internal purposes only) The Team:
Ratings Program Management Office (PMO) is a small but focused teams of experts responsible for building agile project and scrum team execution capabilities across the global Ratings Technology organization. This team operates globally with a mandate to pioneer agile processes at all levels of technology and our business partners. This is done through coaching, technical expertise, strategic thinking, Lean process optimization, problem solving and hands-on execution. The Impact:
The business impact of the role is centered on building strong execution capabilities using Lean and Agile-based approaches with a particular focus on the scrum team and project execution. This team collaborates with different, cross-functional areas to drive continuous improvement and combine senior expertise with practical, hands-on support for projects and operational activities. The overall objective of the PMO team is to effectively apply agile technology delivery capabilities through Lean/Agile tools, processes and mindsets to build stronger execution capabilities. What's in it for you?
This role offers the opportunity for someone with exceptional agile and relationship management skills to operate in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and drive transformational change across Ratings Technology. The role combines expertise in Lean & Agile with a transformation agenda, giving individuals the opportunity to drive meaningful changes in our operating model and enhancing overall organizational capabilities. Responsibilities
- Design and support full Agile transformation roll-outs.
- Clearly define enterprise-wide guidelines for Roles in a Scrum Team
- Act as servant leader for multiple Scrum/Kanban teams, with a focus on guiding the teams towards improving the way they work.
- Coach and mentor scrum teams and towards improving Agile process and metrics,
- Deliver hands-on coaching of individual teams in all aspects of scrum daily meetings, planning, self-organization, collaboration, iterative development, managing flow, etc.
- Work closely with Product Planning, Product Development and Technology groups to plan and deliver releases.
- Identify, track and solve impediments, protecting the teams from interruptions and distractions.
- Improve the productivity of the teams in any way possible, within Agile/Lean principles.
- Define, formulate and ensure that relevant metrics are being utilized for the correct purpose
- Organize and facilitate project planning, estimation sessions, daily stand-up meetings, reviews, retrospectives and other Scrum-related meeting.
- Create, launch, and facilitate Agile collaborative groups, Communities of Practice, and Agile Working Groups.
- Ensure Agile (mainly Scrum/Kanban) concepts and principles are adhered to, and also seen as the voice of reason and authority.
- Collaborate directly with software and operations teams to coach and guide them on the mechanics of Lean and Agile methods to achieve optimal team effectiveness.
- Expose our technology teams to the latest innovative thinking and ideas from the Agile community to increase agility, leveraging lean, scrum, Kanban, and other agile thinking.
- Ensure strong organizational information flow (scaling the coach).
- Embrace servant leadership and display the behaviors that come with the key mindset shifts associated with Agile methods.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in CS/IT/IS or related discipline
- 7+ years of experience in technology organizations, and 5+ years of relevant experience
- Solid experience leading and managing technical teams coming from a strong software development background
- Hands-on Experience working with Agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures in large scale, complex development projects for large enterprise.
- Consulting and facilitation skills in leading technical teams in the adoption and improvement of Agile methodologies.
- Strong Agile Leadership skills with an ability to lead by example and challenge command and control behaviors.
About S&P Global Ratings
- Certified Scrum Professional
- Practical experience in Lean Management/Agile in a technology environment is essential, along with practical experience in designing, executing and coaching Lean deployments and Lean projects, Scaled Agile Frameworks
- Expertise and experience in Agile roles, processes and philosophy is also highly desirable. This is critical to role in developing partnerships, modeling behaviors and developing team capabilities.
- As a cross-practice role, the specialists will need to be up-to-speed on developments, operations and issues across multiple and diverse business areas.
- A strong servant leading focus is required which requires understand how to support and coach teams for organic growth they own.
- Formal qualifications in Lean (Black Belt Level) and/or Agile are welcomed, but not mandatory with appropriate levels of hands-on experience
- Ability to work independently, think strategically and proven diagnostic ability are critical
S&P Global Ratings is the world's leading provider of independent credit ratings. Our ratings are essential to driving growth, providing transparency and helping educate market participants so they can make decisions with confidence. We have more than 1 million credit ratings outstanding on government, corporate, financial sector and structured finance entities and securities. We offer an independent view of the market built on a unique combination of broad perspective and local insight. We provide our opinions and research about relative credit risk; market participants gain independent information to help support the growth of transparent, liquid debt markets worldwide.
S&P Global Ratings is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spglobal.com/ratings
S&P Global is an equal opportunity employer committed to making all employment decisions without regard to race/ethnicity, gender, pregnancy, gender identity or expression, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability, marital status (including domestic partnerships and civil unions), sexual orientation, military veteran status, unemployment status, or any other basis prohibited by federal, state or local law. Only electronic job submissions will be considered for employment.
If you need an accommodation during the application process due to a disability, please send an email to: EEO.Compliance@spglobal.com and your request will be forwarded to the appropriate person.
The EEO is the Law Poster http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf describes discrimination protections under federal law.
103 - Middle Management (EEO Job Group) (inactive), 10 - Officials or Managers (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), OPRTON103.2 - Middle Management Tier II (EEO Job Group)
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), IFTECH202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
251223 Posted On:
New York, New York, United States