- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Mar 18
Assistant Director - Senior Software Engineer (Front End Developer)
Location: New York, NY, USAResponsibilities:
- Provide support to development teams by converting low fidelity wireframes into clean and user friendly prototypes and React components
- Help enhance and maintain internal React component library
- Recommend possible improvements in components and code libraries
Moody's Analytics / Content
- Experience in interaction design and user interface design for web-based applications
- Experience with UX frameworks such as Bootstrap, Kendo, ExtJS, Material design, or similar
- 3+ years of experience as a front-end web developer
- Familiarity with NodeJS is a plus
- Experience with web services and mocking of service request data is a plus
- Computer Science degree or related training
- Understanding of basic computer science principles, algorithms and data structures
- Experience with React framework
- Experience with state management like Redux is a plus
- Deep understanding of CSS and HTML
- Understanding cross-browser incompatibilities and issues
- Experience with Git source control and linux/windows command line
- Experience working on large scale projects is a plus
- Strong desire and ability to perform as a collaborative team player and successfully juggle multiple projects and competing priorities
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, gender, age, religion, national origin, citizen status, marital status, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. Moody's also provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with applicable laws. If you need to inquire about a reasonable accommodation, or need assistance with completing the application process, please email email@example.com.. This contact information is for accommodation requests only, and cannot be used to inquire about the status of applications.
For San Francisco positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. For New York City positions, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of the New York City Fair Chance Act. For all other applicants, qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment consistent with the requirements of applicable law.
Click here to view our full EEO policy statement. Click here for more information on your EEO rights under the law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.