CIB F&BM - North America Prime Finance Business Manager - Associate
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2. 6 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the worlds most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J. P. Morgan and Chase brands.
The Corporate & Investment Bank (CIB) Finance and Business Management (F&BM) group provides financial advice to support the CIB s business strategy and helps to ensure a sound control environment. Within F&BM, the four major areas of responsibility are: Business-aligned BMs (Business Managers), the CIB Controller, Support Staff CFO, and Planning and Analysis. Overview
Finance & Business Managements goals are to ensure sound control environments and provide financial advice to support the business strategy. Within F&BM, the Controllers organization is responsible for ensuring the overall integrity and validity of the financial statements and controls over the transaction cycle; performing critical reporting functions for the organization, both financial and regulatory, as well as ensuring execution and implementation of the overall financial architecture.
CIB Equities Finance & Business Management (F&BM) is seeking a Associate level Business Manage based in New York covering North America Prime Finance. JP Morgan Prime Finance provides financing solutions to alternative investment managers. The product consists of traditional Cash and Synthetic Financing, Stock borrow/loan and core Prime Brokerage products (client reporting, client service and risk management).
The Business Manager works across the organization to provide support to senior leadership, and is critical for driving strategic analysis, process improvement, financial analysis and governance/controls.
This role is within the CIB Equities F&BM organization under the leadership of Global Prime Finance Business Manager, and report directly into the NA Prime Finance Business Manager Responsibilities will focus on the North America (NA) region and include:
- Drive Business Growth and Strategy
- Ensure implementation of business strategies and help drive change
- Run / maintain disciplined governance forums covering the business end to end
- Track progress to ensure delivery; escalate issues and roadblocks
- Provide analytics for business decisions
- Analyze and understand the competitive landscape
- Optimize North America Business Performance
- Understand all aspects / drivers of the business financials (revenue, expenses, balance sheet, capital etc.)
- Coordinate NA portion of the annual Plan / Budget process, as well as intra-year forecasting
- Drive regular expense reviews to ensure targets are met; ensure compliance with expense policies
- Assist in investment / productivity initiatives (headcount, technology, new products etc.)
- Manage Business Risks
- Assist with regulatory reform issues that impact the business
- NBIA (New Business Initiatives)
- Regulatory reviews / engagements (FRB, OCC, SEC, PRA)
- 3-5 years work experience. Prime Finance / Prime Brokerage background and knowledge strongly preferred
- Business Management / COO experience
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Good judgment, maturity and poise to enable interaction/influencing of senior management
- Thoughtful analytical skills; able to develop, clearly present and draw conclusions
- Strong project management skills
- Self-starter able to prioritize key tasks effectively
- Disciplined approach to managing processes and controls
- Energetic, self-motivated and effective under pressure - must enjoy the challenge of working within a fast-paced and demanding working environment