Cantor Fitzgerald, Associate, Healthcare Investment Banking
Cantor Fitzgerald: Associate, Healthcare Investment Banking
Cantor's Healthcare Investment Banking Group focuses on all of the major sub-verticals in healthcare, including biotechnology, specialty pharmaceuticals, medical devices, life sciences tools & diagnostics, HCIT and healthcare services, with expertise in public capital market financing, private financings, M&A advisory and restructuring.
The Healthcare Investment Banking Group consists of approximately 60 bankers, and over the past year has successfully executed over 50 transactions across debt and equity capital markets and M&A advisory.
The Healthcare Investment Banking Group of Cantor Fitzgerald is seeking highly motivated, successful candidates with investment banking (or related) experience for the associate position in New York. The Investment Banking Group of Cantor Fitzgerald offers Associates the exceptional opportunity to work on small client teams with direct exposure to clients and senior bankers.
Associates play an essential role in developing and managing our client relationships. The associates are an integral part of our client teams, taking an active role in developing, structuring and executing a broad range of advisory assignments and financial transactions for our clients. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordination of various processes, including capital raises and advisory transactions
- Preparation of offering memoranda, proposals and other written materials for meetings with clients
- Perform research and various analyses in support of new business generation
- Organize and participate in marketing and client meetings
- Leading and participating in drafting sessions for underwriting assignments
- Conducting industry and company-specific due diligence related to transactions
- Interact with corporate clients, private equity firms, venture capital firms and senior bankers
- Bachelor's degree PLUS minimum 3 years of experience in an investment banking analyst position or prior experience as an investment banking associate; OR
- MBA or equivalent graduate degree in a financial discipline
- Current or recent experience in an investment banking role or equivalent position
- Current or recent healthcare industry experience
- Outstanding academic record
- Exceptional communication skills, both verbal and written
- Strong analytical orientation, with experience performing financial and valuation analysis in Excel or comparable spreadsheet tools
- Demonstrable commitment to and experience with working in teams
- Demonstrated interest in finance and financial markets
- Demonstrated interest in healthcare / medical field through professional and/or academic experience
- Series 63 and 79 certified