Cantor Fitzgerald: Financial Analyst, Equities
Cantor Fitzgerald L.P. is a leading financial services provider that offers clients an array of financial products and services in the equity and fixed income capital markets. These products and services include sales and trading, investment banking, market commentary and market data. For more than 50 years, Cantor Fitzgerald, a proven and resilient leader, has been committed to delivering a unique brand of unparalleled trading and distribution services, product expertise, innovative technology and customer service to institutional clients around the world. The position:
The firm is currently seeking a highly motivated Financial Analyst to be part of a dynamic, forward-moving team. This individual will be reporting directly to the COO of Equities, and will have the opportunity to interact with Equities department heads, global line of business managers, as well as the Finance & Accounting departments.
- Design and execute on cost-saving initiatives to achieve goals laid out by Senior Management.
- Prepare revenue and cost trend reports for use by Senior Management. This includes assisting in preparing global budgets and forecasts and associated management commentary around performance.
- Design and implement process re-engineering to improve efficiency at the organization.
- Responsible for processes and expense accruals; assist with compensation and non-compensation expense accruals in conjunction with the Finance Department.
- Interface with global heads within Human Resources, Operations, Legal, Accounting, etc.
- Create and maintain high-level summary, detailed and department specific reports as requested by senior management.
- Anticipate issues that arise and escalate necessary items to senior management in a timely fashion.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Finance/Accounting major preferred.
- Must be proficient with advanced functions in Microsoft Excel, preferably including but not limited to writing macros and VBA.
- 1-4 years' experience in COO/CFO office, Finance department and/or consulting industry is preferred, but not required.
- Critical thinking, creativity, problem solving and ability to prioritize multiple projects of varying deadlines and significance.
- Must be able to demonstrate perceptive analytical abilities, strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal and team-building skills.
- Ability to expand on projects after initial instruction and take on additional projects proactively.
- Must understand the sensitivity around confidential projects and data and handle oneself with integrity at all times.