Are you a talented, data engineer that wants to get closer to the business? Are you passionate about data and how it can be used in investing? If so, we need people like you to help us:
• Build solutions to collect, enrich and automate data for use in investment research
• R&D and exploration of new data sets and techniques
• Creation of new capabilities and modules in our data pipeline
• Develop reporting and data visualization solutions
Evidence Lab is one of the most innovative and highly regarded teams in UBS Investment Bank. We thrive on innovation and work as a startup within a well-established and well-funded investment bank. We specialize in various analytical techniques including web harvesting, geospatial, social media, market research, and data science.
You will be joining a team of business analysts and engineers that are helping to scale and build the business. The team partners with different groups within Evidence Lab and IT to develop innovative data pipeline solutions and expand the department into new areas.
You can learn more about Evidence Lab http://bit.ly/WhoIsEvidenceLab here.
Your experience and skills
• Bachelor's degree in STEM or finance related disciplines
• Excellent project management skills and ability to prioritize issues
• Excellent oral and written communication, organizational and customer service skills
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills (data analysis and requirement documentation)
• Outstanding data skills (Excel, SQL, Data Visualization, ETL)
• Experience with working in Hadoop and distributed computing frameworks is a plus
• Prior experience of working within Investment Banking or Hedge Fund industries is a plus
• ready to join a fast growing team in a dynamic and challenging environment
• relentless in pursuing new ideas and self-improvement
• Ability to self-manage and prioritize workload
• full of energy and able to persevere through technical issues
• a team player willing to learn / share solutions and best practices from your colleagues
• performance and detail-oriented
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.