Leading quant fund are looking to hire a Director of Quant Research.
This is a senior position reporting to the leadership of the firm and overseeing the day-to-day workflow of the research team; supervision of the research staff; development of investment strategies; and driving engagement with qualitative community to foster research innovation.
- In close co-ordination with the Founder and CIO as well as the Research Committee, the Director of Research identifies and builds consensus around research priorities i.e. builds the Research Agenda.
- Builds project plans for the Agenda items.
- Supervise the research staff and work closely with individual researchers on projects in helping them meet deadlines and project goals.
- Leads internal decision making of what to implement into live production and what to discard / stop and move on - is ultimately accountable for implementing the Agenda.
- Set research departmental and individual researcher goals and provide evaluations of progress toward these goals.
- Supervise the automation of any repeatable tasks and improve efficiency within the research processes.
- Establish and ensure adherence to precise standards in the research process throughout the research team.
- A deep and broad understanding of global markets and quantitative investment strategies across a variety of asset classes including Equities, Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange, Commodities, Credit and Volatility. Focus on shorter-term Alpha oriented strategies would be preferred.
- Experience and track record of managing research teams, development and timely execution of projects at leading institutional asset management firm.
- A demonstrated track record of successfully developing and managing investment strategies in the above-mentioned asset classes.
- Demonstrated record of initiative, problem solving, and adaptability.
- Strong intellectual integrity and ability to take different viewpoints
- Strong analytical skills, including expertise in the modelling and analysis of investment strategies.
- Good programming background (preferred python and C#).
- Mature personality with an ability to foster a collaborative research environment.
- Impeccable communication skills, both oral and written.
- Education: advanced degrees in a quantitative field from leading global universities.
Please send a PDF resume to Sara Hunter at email@example.com