Engineering - MBD Engineering - Software Engineer
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Merchant Banking Division
(MBD) invests in corporate equity and debt, real estate equity and debt, and infrastructure-related assets and companies. The division operates on a global platform with some of the most cutting edge technology the firm has to offer.
We work in a fast-paced, exciting environment with individuals with versatile skills and a passion for technology and investing. The Merchant Banking Engineering team collaborates with investing and finance professionals to build tools and analytics supporting all aspects of the Merchant Bank's investing and lending activities. Your Impact
Create high tech systems and analytics, developing innovative software applications to help structure, value, hedge, risk manage the investments and portfolios, and assist processes and reporting RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Who We Look For
We are interested in individuals who have strong analytical and coding skills and a passion to use technology to revolutionize finance. Although the work performed by this team is financial in nature, applicants need not have specific financial knowledge or experience to apply. Fantastic Technologists come first
Members of our team are some of the brightest employees in and outside of the firm, consisting of Mathematicians, Statisticians, Physicists, Computer Scientists, and more Responsibilities
- Develop models and systems for trade booking and risk management
- Create search tools, tools for workflow management, data collection, analysis, and visualization
- Produce portfolio management and risk monitoring tools for our investments
- Develop integrations with external parties and cloud based solution providers
- Generate tools that work on desktop and mobile devices
- Work closely with Private Equity, Credit, and Real Estate businesses sitting alongside bankers on the same floor
- SDLC - allowing for multiple releases during the data, faster product development
- Have the opportunity to deal with a diverse set of problems - Process automation, Data & document search, Mobile development, Tradable development, Transaction processing, Deal Sourcing using CRM, Data & business intelligence
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, Physics, or other related field
- Meaningful experience with coding and software system design
- Extensive written and verbal communication skills
- Programming language agnostic (Java, C++, Python, C#, Angular.js, etc.)
Why Merchant Banking Division
- Technology: Experience building web-based applications or large-scale distributed systems, implementing fundamental algorithms, working in different programming languages and databases
- Tech Full stack development including, but not limited to: Lucene, Elastic Search, React, Qlikview, micro service based architecture, Sybase IQ, Mongo, SQL server, Camunda, etc.
- Finance: Understanding of market dynamics and conventions, and of different products' behaviors and specifications. Although the work performed by our team is financial in nature, applicants need not have specific financial knowledge or experience to apply
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Learn from the foremost experts in finance, technology, and mathematics who are diverse in their academic, ethnic, and social backgrounds
- Experience working at the crossroads of vibrant global capital and risk markets
- Develop solutions for a global business with real time feedback on the quality of the software product
- Experience an environment that is committed to learning & open to new ideas - allowing for creative ways to solve new problems
- Learn new businesses, especially of certain portfolio companies that have a need to integrate with GS systems
- Be part of a fun loving, collaborative work culture
- Accept unparalleled responsibility and career opportunity to make a highly visible global impact
- Collaborate with some of the brightest technologists, to challenge the status quo and push the envelope in technology and finance
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity