- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 18 Aug 18
IBCM, Corporate Insights Group, ASO, New York
The Corporate Insights Group helps Credit Suisse Investment Banking and Capital Market's corporate clients make better decisions to maximize value-creation, by providing market-driven and relevant strategic insights via differentiated analytical frameworks.
The Corporate Insights Group is an integral part of how Credit Suisse IBCM advises its corporate clients globally:
- The team helps our corporate clients link corporate operating performance to market reactions and to make better strategic decisions to maximize shareholder value.
- CIG provides providing relevant, market-driven insights via differentiated analytical frameworks - including the proprietary HOLT Framework - which are anchored in principles of fundamental value creation.
- CIG authors the Credit Suisse Corporate Insights periodical, a series of papers that provide perspectives on the challenges our corporate clients face ( www.credit-suisse.com/corporateinsights )
The team works with IBCM industry, product and country coverage partners to advise the senior executives of IBCM's corporate clients regarding the key drivers of their companies' market value. With that perspective, CIG advises on what actions our clients may take to deliver superior returns to shareholders in the following areas:
- Management plan evaluation
- Capital allocation strategy
- Portfolio optimization
- M&A (buy-side and sell-side)
- Defense advisory (activists)
- Equity offerings / IPOs
- Optimal capital structure
- Distribution policies (incl. buybacks and dividends)
- Debt capacity
- Interest rate risk management
Responsibilities of the team's new hire may include using proprietary corporate finance frameworks - including the HOLT Valuation framework - in the context of investment banking transactions such as buy- or sell-side M&A, equity offerings (including IPOs), or strategic plan evaluations. You will work with senior coverage officers to develop innovative solutions for IBCM clients. You will be asked to do extensive financial modelling and other work regarding corporate finance and strategy in the context of the IBCM business. You will have the opportunity to build a network of colleagues both inside and outside Credit Suisse that will strengthen your career throughout your professional life.
- The Corporate Insights Group's bankers help to originate M&A opportunities, raise equity for clients, guide companies through financial restructuring, discuss strategic alternatives geared towards competitive growth, and provide other advisory services.
- As an associate, you will work alongside some of the industry's best and brightest bankers and have exposure to senior people at a diverse set of companies, both domestically and internationally.
- Our corporate clients span a variety of industries and geographic regions.
- By partnering with Credit Suisse's coverage and product teams, CIG associates get the chance to have high visibility, impact and recognition.
- Bachelor's degree from a top tier university
- MBA or CFA preferred
- Minimum of 3 years of prior work experience in Investment Banking, Consulting or Equity Research
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills
- Excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Demonstrated ability to work in a client-facing, time sensitive environment
- Ability to multi-task with exceptional attention to detail and well-organized work habits
- Demonstrated leadership potential
- Excellent PC skills; advanced knowledge of Excel and PowerPoint a must and will be tested