- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 21 Aug 18
IBCM, Ultra High Net Worth (UHNW) Lending, ANL, New York
- A role where you will be responsible for Deal Structuring which entails working on the terms of a facility, including major covenants, reporting requirements, amortizing schedule, pricing structure.
- We provide a meaningful opportunity where you will a part of all deal related Legal Documentation and undertake legal due diligence of borrower, guarantor and underlying companies. This will include working with external counsel to draft loan documents based on business discussion with the clients.
- A need to work with other areas of the firm to move a transaction forward, including working with Credit, Middle Office, Finance, and New Business.
- We allow the opportunity to conduct analysis on the net worth of the borrower, guarantor and pledger to figure out credit profile and ability to borrow. Furthermore you will be valuing the underlying collateral, conducting financial due diligence, assessing the marketability of private company collateral and doing competitor analysis. Also, the role includes modelling the ownership structure to determine the recourse available to the borrower.
- The position's role incorporates Post-Close Monitoring responsibilities such as monitoring the health of the deal after closing till maturity, both at an individual level and aggregate level. This also includes:
- Live Price Monitoring: a booking system where all the loan and collateral details are booked to excel using a SQL database and linking that data with Bloomberg fields allowing intra-day monitoring of changes in security pricing, major news, price charts, internal and publically available risk metrics.
- Risk Report: a booking system where all the loan and collateral details are booked to excel using SQL database and running proprietary simulations to determine the health of the book under various scenarios with the output presented in Tableau.
- A role where you will be responsible to contribute towards Origination efforts of the UHNW team. This consists of helping the team look for prospective client opportunities using existing/prospective clients of other areas in the Investment Bank such as the Capital Markets and Corporate Bank teams to ensure overall integration of the client and associates of client with Credit Suisse.
- The role incorporates Business Analysis duties where you will have to analyze business cases of a prospective deal which includes assessing potential revenue of a particular transaction and other expected revenues to the bank, capital and funding required for a lending transaction and analyzing the return on capital that is expected from the deal which is determined using the expected the credit rating, client type, term and loan structure.
You are required to have a degree from a four-year college or university and at least one year of Investment Banking Analyst experience. Credit Suisse is noted for the diversity of its employees, and seeks people with a common set of abilities:
- You have a strong interest in the financial sector
- You have excellent written and verbal skills
- Excellent PC skills; advanced knowledge of Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Have the capacity to multi-task with strong attention to detail
- Ability to understand legal documentation and complex transactions
- Capability to work independently and as part of a team
- 1-4 years' experience facilitating the origination and ongoing maintenance of lending and deposit transactions at varying levels of complexity
- Shown strength with financial statement analysis, accounting, financial modeling, valuation methodologies and research techniques
- General understanding of the IBCM business and the products/services it offers (M&A, DCM, HYCM, Corporate Lending, UHNW)