Incident Manager - Principal Infrastructure Operations Analyst
As a globalinvestments company, BNY Mellon
can act as a singlepoint of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service,distribute or restructure investments, and safeguards nearly one-fifth of theworld's financial assets. BNY MellonTechnology's
mission is to provide our businesspartners with technology based solutions that enhance their ability to besuccessful through world-class software solutions maintained on a stable andsecure infrastructure, and to provide our employees with the tools and means toenhance their professional qualifications and careers. Our Team Technology Services Group (TSG)
- TSG provides reliable, resilient, next-generation enterprise technologyinfrastructure and support that enables BNY Mellon employees to deliver thewhole firm to their colleagues and clients around the world. We are continuouslyimproving automation and bridging the gap between cost, customer needs, andinnovative tools to ensure the best possible experience. Our Technology Production Services Team
is dedicated to ensuring that ourtechnology environments are best in class. Our Production Services team runsthe systems that keep BNY Mellon running. Our mission is to deliver a full IT service management lifecycle acrossall run-the-bank applications and infrastructure support with the purpose ofproviding a controlled, secure, and predictable production environment.
Our teammembers use their technical skills and business knowledge to bring forthsolutions that will take our company into the future. If you are a collaborative continual learnerwith a global mindset and a desire to contribute to our company's top priorities,this is the place for you. The Role
The Incident Manager
(and assigned team based on respectiveshift) will provide indirect management oversight and direct services for 27Operational teams supporting our global infrastructure in the areas ofOperations, Storage, Database and Information Security to ensure operationalstability. Each Operational team monitors all significant incident, problem, orchange activities. The team managers and service owners within theOperational teams and Incident Management team each have a dotted linereporting structure into each other across the firm.
There are four phases of responsibility forthe Incident Manager:
Incident Phase - You will monitor all eventsfacilitated by the major incident management team takes place. You willprovide guidance on escalation, priority, and (if necessary) prioritization ofmultiple incidents and will engage the group or service owner asnecessary.
Change Management Phase - You will monitor allchanges that have been marked significant and confirm they are progressing asexpected and completed efficiently.
Change Phase - You willparticipate in the decisions to move forward or delay action.
Problem Management Phase - You willprovide recommendations for the process to mitigate any future risks.
- Responsible for the daily processes executed by each of theOperational production support organizations.
- Acting as primary point of contact for all incident escalations,across TSG and key business operations areas.
- Monitoring P1/P2 incidents for engagement, impact assessment,progress and escalation.
- Monitoring scheduled changes to ensure unexpected developmentsare properly addressed, high risk change status is updated in a timely fashionand change/incident correlation is performed.
- Leading operations status calls at beginning and end of day.
- Providing decisions with subject matter expert input across alldisciplines.
Principal Infrastructure Operations Analyst->> Designs, implements, integrates, and provides full support for complex software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment. Advises specialists on areas to focus installation and support efforts. Works with the Senior Principal to ensure operations are consistent with LOB and organization wide goals. Identifies and solves highly complex and critical systems related issues to meet the objectives for the corporation. Participates in software strategic planning and consulting on platform selection, version implementation, software product recommendation, and usage of enhanced functionality. Tracks installations, modifications, and support efforts to ensure goals are being met. Implements, integrates and provides support for middleware software in a multi-tiered, multi-platform environment, dealing with development projects that have a broad impact across the organization. Provides consulting expertise in identifying and solving highly-critical middleware issues and serves as a resource on middleware issues related to policies and standards that impact middleware specialist and application support staffs across the corporation. Communicates with internal and external system users to address concerns and make sure that technical issues are dealt with appropriately. Manages ticket queues and handles highly complex escalated issues. Analyzes repeat incident patterns to identify opportunities for cost reduction and productivity enhancements. Manages relationships with vendors and works with them to ensure efficient incident resolution. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Responsible for budget activity. Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred 10 - 12 years of related infrastructure experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus. Qualifications
Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related discipline, or equivalent work experience required, advanced degree preferred 10 - 12 years of related infrastructure experience required, experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Technical expertise in one or more of the following infrastructure disciplines is required: Windows, UNIX, Network, Middleware, etc.
- Technical incident management (including crisis management) experience including driving large scale priority escalations.
- Accreditation in ITIL Foundations and/or Kepner Trego Problem Management (or comparable).
- Ability to discern and react to incidents with a sense of urgency and ability to manage time sensitive situations.
- Exceptional communication skills (writing and verbal) with a strong professional presence and ability to assimilate technical information and communicate to key Senior Managers in a non-technical manner.
- Advanced decision making and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong collaboration skills in a team environment.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Technology Services Group-HR06725 Requisition Number: