Market Surveillance Analyst - (Commodities)
CME Group is the world's leading and most diverse derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. We're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.
To learn more about what a career at CME Group can offer you, visit us at www.wherefuturesaremade.com .
The Market Surveillance Analyst monitors assigned products, related cash, & derivative markets in order to detect market conditions, positions or activity that could adversely affect Exchange contracts. Analysts are provided w/ tools & information sources that display manipulation & analysis of data related to trading activity, position maintenance & news. They work closely w/ experienced staff & develop the capacity to conduct high quality routine surveillance & investigations w/ minimal supervision.
• Communicate surveillance analyses and findings to department management and to other members of the department.
• Conduct investigations in connection with the department¿s monitoring of compliance with ex-pit transaction, position limit, delivery and reporting rules and are expected to develop a sound understanding of surveillance and product rules, deliveries and back-office protocols, and surveillance and investigative techniques.
• Exhibit strong written and verbal communication skills and will routinely engage market participants and representatives of clearing firms in conducting contract surveillance activities and case responsibilities.
• Monitor market participation, deliveries, news and economic performance of assigned products, and must demonstrate a solid understanding of the fundamental factors that influence the price of their assigned contracts.
• Prepare written reports that are reviewed by management staff and, in situations involving material rule violations, presented to Exchange disciplinary committees.
Skills & Software Requirements:
• MS Word, MS Excel and various proprietary Market Regulation systems.
• Strong data analysis skills.
• 0-3 years of relevant experience.
• Experience in a surveillance position within a financial services firm, an exchange, or a regulatory agency a plus.