Principal Network Engineer (Customer Network Infrastructure)
TECHNOLOGY SERVICES GROUP (TSG)
is the central infrastructure services groupwith a proven track record of innovating to help BNY Mellon and its customershave most reliable, nimble and cost-effective solutions in the financialservices market place. BNY Mellon App Engine technology is leading edge withindustry first PasS/IaaS fully integrated solution, combined with enterprisestandards for developers. TSG
is building next generation scalable, efficient data center as a service usingthe latest innovation infrastructure. Building on top of the cloud deploymentsin BNY Mellon, we are aggressively automating and bridging the green fieldcloud with the existing virtual computing environments. The Networking team
deploys and supportscustomer and partner network infrastructure, WAN networks and virtual loadbalancers. In a collaborativeenvironment, the team is a central piece to onboard new customers. Working as a service delivery organization,we interlock with Security, Risk and Client Services teams to deliver technicalcustomer facing activities and communications.
The Principal Network Engineer
is an industryexpert in a broad area of architecture and technology. The idealcandidate is a creative problem solver, comfortable with challenging the statusquo and rapidly responds to escalated issues. The role will be the technicallead on transformational projects working with multiple teams in the bank aswell as external customers. Key responsibilities include
- Lead Architecture conversations across multiple BNYM technology teams
- Drives the transformation of SDN/NFV environment from a technicalperspective.
- Leads the design of extranet/WAN and internal networks.
- Deploys new customer networks at BNY Mellon and customer facilities.
- Troubleshoots production deployments as a L3 escalation.
- Leads disaster recovery testing to assure compliance with regulationsand procedures.
Principal Network Engineer->> Leads theresearch, design, development, and the enterprise-wide integration andimplementation of new and emerging technologies. Implements and supports thenetwork infrastructure and systems for large, complex networks. Designs andsupports inter-network solutions including the physical and logicalconfiguration documentation and has an in-depth understanding of the entire networktopology and architecture. Performs overall network design or support andon-going review of complex network design. Works with other IT areas to defineor support architectural standards. Works and may lead relationships with otherIT staff and vendor representatives on strategic projects, installations,moves, changes, troubleshooting, documentation and servicing for intricatenetwork issues. Stays informed of current industry trends and emergingtechnologies. Evaluates new technology, products, and services for potentialand opportunity as future networking solutions or upgrade/replacement.Contributes to the achievement of area objectives. Qualifications
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or a related discipline,or equivalent work experience is required, advanced degree is preferred.
- Ten to twelve (10-12) years of experience indesigning, implementing, and supporting high-traffic networks is required.
- Experience in the securities or financialservices industry is a plus.
- Expert level in MPLS, LDP, BGP protocols; WAN networks; VPNtechnologies.
- Experience with SDN and NFV, programmable networks, Python, Ansible andRest-API's.
- Knowledge of NGDC. (Spine-leafarchitectures)
- Experience with Cisco Catalyst, Nexus, ASR, CSP, ISR platforms in amulti-tenant MPLS environment.
- Knowledge of firewall, WAN optimization and load balancer technologies.
- Proficiency with networking troubleshooting methodology and techniques.
- Experience with network performance and monitoring tools is a plus. (Applications oriented)
- Experience in the securities or financial services industry is a plus.
- Technical consulting experience is a plus.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Information Technology Organization:
Technology Services Group-HR06725 Requisition Number: