Principal, Product Management
The Treasury Services business within BNY Mellonservices the payments, liquidity management and trade financing needs of ourclients in the US and internationally, assisting them in their efforts to optimizecash flow, ensure adequate liquidity and manage risk - all essential componentsto their success.
Today, we are a recognized leader, influencingthe industry, assisting our clients through changes in our environment andguiding them toward new technologies that will lay the foundation for theirlong-term success, while also meeting their very real need to continue to usethe proven solutions they have traditionally relied upon. We continue to striveto bring faster processes, simpler interactions, actionable data and insightsinto what rapidly evolving digital solutions promise to deliver in the future.And while we are committed to the digital transformation of our industry, wealso want our clients to know that we are balancing that enthusiasm with acontinued focus on providing the stability and reliability they have come toexpect from us. We deliver our solutions with a dedication to unsurpassedcustomer satisfaction, an approach that has continually earned us excellentcustomer service ratings.
The Digital Product Lead within Treasury Channels team will definedigital product strategy and drive product management and development effortsfor channel products (APIs).
The ideal candidate willlead product management, development and strategy for significantly largeand/or complex products of strategic importance. Role is not always tied to aspecific product. Usually assigned to product areas with high-growth potentialor that represent a niche/specialty offering and has fully developed coreexpertise on industry trends, market segments and competitorservices/offerings. Analyzes complex client requirements and develops solutionsthat may include more than one product. Must understand the economics behindproducts and demonstrate business acumen. Responsible for crafting thestrategies behind product development and delivery. Must have market knowledgeto integrate the demands of various regions and stay ahead of competitors. Isdirectly responsible for product profitability across a range of large,complex, global products. Ensures Operations, Technology, Risk, Compliance,Legal, etc. team concerns are addressed during the product development,enhancement, delivery, strategy, and planning processes. Employs aclient-focused, strategic approach to develop the business case for firmofferings in the marketplace through in-depth and complex analyses on clientsegments, competitive landscape and industry environment. Demonstrates in-depthand comprehensive knowledge of assigned products, the marketplace and clientneeds to drive product growth/development and maximize profitability. Seen as afirm expert on a key product or product portfolio of strategic importance tothe firm. Creates product management roadmaps and establishes evaluationcriteria and success metrics. Oversees pricing, promotion, distributionstrategies and competitive differentiators. Positions products for specificclient segments, highlighting key benefits and competitive advantages. Workswith sales and relationship management teams to support sales efforts and closeon deals as needed. May also be responsible for revenue goals, profitability,and pricing for assigned products along with capital and operating budgets.Guides junior product managers and directs and works with operations andsystems managers during product implementation to ensure operating plan goalsare met. No direct reports. Provides guidance to less experienced colleagues asneeded. Contributes to the achievement of area objectives and profitability ofassigned product(s). Responsibilities
- Own and drive the API product roadmap based on aninformed understanding of customer needs, business goals, and competitivelandscape.
- Drive innovation, ideation discussions withpartners, design driven thought process keeping sight of differentiated andsuperior customer experience leading into product requirements definition,deliverables planning and execution through agile process.
- Translate product roadmap into detailedrequirements and user stories for complex features, functionality and products.
- Make tradeoff decisions based on technicaland business insights.
- Clearly solicit feedback and distill vision,strategy, product benefits and results to our internal customers.
- Collaborate and lead execution across a groupof global stakeholder team across Product Management, Technology, Operations,Risk and different business functions to ensure fluid integration of featuresand alignment with related go-to-market activities.
- Participate in the QA process to ensure thefinal product meets the business design.
- Develop product collateral materials andcommercialization plans to support go-to market strategies.
- Monitor impact of product features and keymetrics.
- Troubleshoot product issues and answerproduct questions - be a product champion.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
- Bachelor's degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree preferred.
- 10-12 years of total work experience preferred.
- Experience in Product Management, operations, client management preferred. MBA or CFA preferred.
- Product Leadership Certification preferred.
- Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Global Product Management-HR07027 Requisition Number: