Python Developer - Pricing
- New York, NY, USA New York NY US
- Permanent, Full time
- Bank of America Corporation
- 20 Jun 18 2018-06-20
Python Developer - Pricing
Responsible for developing, enhancing, modifying and/or maintaining applications in the Global Markets environment. Software developers design, code, test, debug and document programs as well as support activities for the corporate systems architecture. Employees work closely with business partners in defining requirements for system applications. Employees are expected to have in-depth capital markets product knowledge, and manage a high level of risk. Employees typically have in-depth knowledge of development tools and languages. Is clearly recognized as a content expert by peers. Individual contributor role. Typically requires 5-7 years of applicable experience. This job code is only to be used for associates supporting Global Markets.
• Front Office Technology (FX) and software development, testing, deployment, and support of Pricing, Risk, and Trade Booking applications using agile methodologies.
• Integration with upstream systems executing trades into FX BAML infrastructure, as well as compulsory enhancements to meet ongoing Regulatory programme demands (MiFID II, UMR, IMM, etc.)
• Liaising with Trading, Sales, Finance, Market Risk, and COO teams to understand requirements, create development plans, and implement changes across the FX technology stack.
• Support and develop static data and market making tools within FX in line with simplification efforts and desk requirements.
• Function as part of a as part of a high performance team, working on high priority deliverables.
• Communicate effectively with various stakeholders across Technology and Trading, Compliance, Supervision, Risk, Operations, and other support partners.
SKILLS WE LOOK FOR
• Well-founded experience in coding languages (examples include, but are not limited to, Python, Java, C# and .Net)
• Strong Pricing and/or Risk Development background.
• A team player who can collaborate with any and all stakeholders.
• Superior interpersonal skills with ability to multi-task, prioritize, and operate in a high-pressure Front Office Trading environment.
• Strong written and verbal communication abilities.
• Ability to design programmes of work, to manage tasks, to mentor junior members of the team, and to deliver outstanding results.
Nice to have
• Financial and/or Mathematical background.
• Front Office experience, preferably in a FX or other Fixed Income or Derivatives Trading environments.
• FX (+ Derivatives) product knowledge.
• An appreciation of the quantitative aspects of Fixed Income Trading and Risk Management.
• Experience of integrated Front Office Development environments (examples include, but are not limited to, Sec DB, Athena, Pioneer, and Quartz.)
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: