An SRE at Bloomberg is a hybrid of systems and software engineering who is trusted to improve the stability and availability of the production environment through automation. We're responsible for monitoring, provisioning, configuration management, orchestration, capacity planning, deployment and rollback, incident management, and systems development life cycle practices. Who are you?
An SRE with an aptitude for analytical and creative problem solving. You can dive into the detail of complex issues quickly, and you're excited to harness the power of automation to manage the stability, availability, and scale of our incredibly complex technology infrastructure. You're passionate about SRE, and don't shy away from a challenge. You're excited by the opportunity to help drive the SRE culture across our product and company. We'll expect you to:
- Use all your technical skills and experience to ensure the reliability of a diverse set of systems with a diverse technology stack
- Help expand the observability of these systems to improve their reliability
- Quickly grow in your technical knowledge of the technology stack - across all the systems - which lie at the center of our production environment
- Be an enthusiastic agile practitioner, helping us to improve and refine our approach to ensure we deliver quality indices in a predictable manner
- Enhance our monitoring/alerting solutions
- Focus on automation, including operational tasks, deployments, configuration management, etc. You'll need to have:
- Experience programming in Python or related language
- Willingness to learn
- Eagerness to work with a group, share knowledge and contribute
If this sounds like something you would be passionate about apply! We'll get in touch with you to let you know what the next steps are.
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.