Senior Principal, Product Management, Collateral Management
Who we are
For over 230 years, Bank of New York Mellon (BNY Mellon) has been at the center of the global financial markets, providing the world's leading institutions the tools, capabilities, and services to be distinctive investors. BNY Mellon has approximately $15 billion in revenues and market capitalization of approximately $50 billion.
BNY Mellon is a leader in the world of investment services and investment management, and our businesses support the full range of stakeholders of the financial system including: Managing the custody of over $31 trillion financial assets of the world's leading institutional investors, hedge funds, sovereign wealth funds, and corporates Investing over $1.8 trillion as one of the largest global asset managers across a wide range of asset classes. Providing collateral, liquidity, and funding for the world's largest banks through our markets franchise. Serving family offices and high net worth individuals in our top 10 wealth manager ($250 billion assets)
Providing a full suite of solutions to advisors, broker-dealers, family offices, hedge and '40 Act fund managers, registered investment advisor firms and wealth managers (over $1.8 trillion in client assets). Advising large global corporations on a range of trust and other solutions. Providing integrated managed data services to asset managers (over $4.7 trillion). In addition, BNY Mellon is a strategic partner to a variety of financial technology companies and a convener of influential industry and market structure forums.
Asset Servicing is organized on two primary dimensions - Clients and Solutions. On the Solutions dimension, Asset Servicing is organized into six primary businesses - Custody, Accounting & Structured Products, Investor Solutions, Middle Office, Alternatives and Liquidity.
Asset Servicing is expanding its offering to clients in collateral and liquidity management area and looking to hire a Director level product manager
to join our product management team to drive project strategy, development and commercialization.
You are the right fit for this role if you:
Have success stories in driving product development from conception to launch
Are strategic thinker who can balance big picture strategy with detailed, flawless execution
Are excellent communicator, fast-learner, self-driven and entrepreneurial with a strong sense of ownership
Are able to influence multiple stakeholders without direct authority
Are comfortable in dealing with ambiguity and experimenting new ways of working and technologies
Enjoy simplifying complex problems, tackling interesting and meaningful challenges
Enjoy working in fast paced collaborative, agile and cross functional environment where talent is valued over job title
Have strong digital acumen and capital markets / investment domain knowledge
Have a deep knowledge of derivatives, securities financing, regulations and collateral management for buy side clients
Experience in building liquidity management solutions will be a plus
Role Description and Responsibilities
As a Product Manager, you will be a key member of the team that drives most innovative ideas through ideation, development of prototypes, market validation, and commercial launch. Your responsibilities will include
- Developing and contributing to overall product strategy, roadmap, pricing and commercialization strategy for the product
- Developing services definition, business and user experience requirements, user workflows for each service offering and partnering with technology organization for developing the product
- Documenting and providing clearly defined feature vision, scope, user stories and other materials as needed to support UX Design and Engineering
- Partnering with CX/UX to design target experience down to wireframes and high fidelity design (including usability testing)
- Negotiating pricing and service configuration with clients and supporting customized product offering to meet client requirements
- Conducting client workshops, engaging with clients to review, prioritize product features, and requirements.
- Defining and developing a streamlined client onboarding process to achieve greater customer satisfaction and experience
- Collaborating with Sales and Relationship Managers to develop sales strategy, and pipeline
- Participating and drive sales meetings with clients and responding to RFPs to win new business
- Collaborating with marketing and communications to produce marketing collaterals
- Managing relationships with 3rd party service providers, and business partners
- Highly collaborative, able to effectively navigate organization boundaries
- 12 plus years of total work experience preferred. Experience in product management, operations, client management preferred. MBA or CFA preferred. Product Leadership Certification preferred. Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business
- Portfolio showcasing applied experiences in driving digital products / solutions from conception to commercial launch
- Strong product management and business transformation experience
- Strong understanding of derivatives and securities financing related collateral management
- Strong understanding of liquidity and cash management functions for buy side clients.
- Must have working experience working with stakeholders within investment value chains such as clearing houses, asset owners, asset managers, banks and other financial institutions
- Proven track record in fast moving agile environment, successful collaboration with multi-disciplinary team across time zones
- Excellent team leading and team organizing skills
- Experience in both large financial institutions as well as fintech start-ups are preferred
Bachelors degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience is required. Advanced/graduate degree preferred. 12 plus years of total work experience preferred. Experience in Product Management, operations, client management preferred. MBA or CFA preferred. Product Leadership Certification preferred. Applicable local/regional licenses or certifications as required by the business. BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
Minorities/Females/Individuals With Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Our ambition is to build the best global team - one that is representative and inclusive of the diverse talent, clients and communities we work with and serve - and to empower our team to do their best work. We support wellbeing and a balanced life, and offer a range of family-friendly, inclusive employment policies and employee forums. Primary Location:
United States-New York-New York Internal Jobcode:
Asset Servicing Organization:
Asset Servicing Admin Groups-HR08979 Requisition Number: