Senior Software Engineer - DevX Development Workflow
Bloomberg's developer experience team empowers 6000 engineers globally to reach their maximum productivity delivering the software that underpins the entire financial industry. Bloomberg leverages more tools and open source technologies every year, and our team is expanding to ensure engineers have access to robust, standardized development workflows -- no matter which product they contribute to.
You are passionate about designing systems that can manage a large-scale, multi-language codebase. You are interested in crafting tools that can prevent complex bugs and keep our code clean. You are ready to create the next generation of intelligent analysis tools to perform bug detection and smart code refactoring. You want to provide an end-to-end build and deployment platform where pull requests are streamlined into a modern and dynamic integration. Development Workflow
We are a team of engineers helping engineers: using our tools, everyone should deliver their best work. We are not afraid to invest deeply in our own infrastructure covering all stages of development, testing, and deployment. We also work with Jenkins, Debian Package, GitHub Enterprise, SonarQube, Phabricator, and build anything we need to fill gaps and join them together. Beyond helping thousands of Bloomberg developers, you'll join a global community of engineers innovating with open source technologies. We'll trust you to:
You will need to have:
- Develop software which will help standardize flexible development workflows across the entire organization
- Research the latest methodologies in CI/CD
- Engage with developers, tech leads, and managers across the firm to design & develop tools
We'd love to see:
- An open mind and a love of learning new technologies and solving complicated workflow problems
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects that required significant problem solving, communication skills, and the ability to collaborate with multiple teams
- Development experience in a Unix/Linux environment
- Experience with technologies like Node, REST, Postgres, Kafka, and Docker
- Experience in Python and shell scripting
- Familiarity with concepts such as 12-factor apps, and event-based architectures
- BA, BS, MS, PHD in Computer Science, Engineering or related technical field, or equivalent industry experience
At Bloomberg we are extremely proud of our diverse, open, and inclusive culture. We value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We're looking for engineers with a real passion for writing reusable, efficient solutions to complex problems, who can adapt to an ever-changing market landscape, and who can collaborate and work effectively on small teams to develop software that impacts thousands of financial institutions and decision-makers around the world. If this sounds like you, please apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.