Senior Software Engineer - Enterprise Console Platform
The Bloomberg Enterprise Console group designs scalable Big Data solutions that have a deep impact on enterprise level applications for B2B products that are critical to the entire global financial market.
Our engineers are responsible for providing cloud-based infrastructure for our clients, technologists in client firms and Bloomberg's internal service and support desk, with a way to configure, provision, monitor and alert on connectivity and software resources within client data flows provided as part of Bloomberg's Enterprise Integration suite. We provide clients the ability to self-service their configuration and monitoring needs through our web application ( https://console.bloomberg.com ).
The Enterprise Console team provides our clients and various Bloomberg business lines a platform with monitoring, alerting and configuration of applications. To provide an easy on-boarding experience and reduce the maintenance cost for the application teams we want to build a tooling that integrates with existing frameworks and enables the teams to automate their workflows.. In order to provide self-service capabilities we need the platform to offer: test automation tooling out-of-the-box, tools for debugging and reporting, usage metering, flow isolation, among several other such platform as a service features., Technology Stack:
Cloud - Bloomberg's Managed Cloud (Openstack)
Build tools - sbt, Maven
Deployment - Docker, Jenkins
Testing Tools - Cucumber/JBehave, Selenium WebDriver/RC, Serenity BDD
Version Control: GitHub
UI Frameworks - Angular 6, React Your responsibilities:
You'll need to have:
- Design and build framework level capabilities e.g. debugging, reporting and metering, that can help application teams self-service their own needs
- Conduct tech reviews and proof of concepts for framework level capabilities
- Collaborate with various Bloomberg businesses, product owners and engineering teams to understand requirements and do capacity planning
- Contribute to the development of automation frameworks by building integrations with other business units
- Write clean, maintainable code and perform peer code-reviews
We'd love to see:
- Professional experience as a Software engineer building testing/debugging frameworks - Demonstrated experience programming in Java building scalable, re-usable, high performance software
- Demonstrated experience building self-service platform used by other engineers
- Experience with CI/CD including Jenkins or other frameworks
- Experience building self-service infrastructure used by other engineers
- In depth experience with debugging tooling
- In depth experience with scaling infrastructure from serving one application to hundreds of applications
- DevOps experience
- Familiarity with working in Agile / Scrum teams
At Bloomberg we are very proud of our diverse, open, and inclusive culture. We value diversity of thought and perspective in every form. We're looking for engineers with a real passion for writing reusable, efficient solutions to complex problems, who can adapt to an ever-changing market landscape, and who can collaborate and work effectively on small teams to develop software that impacts thousands of financial institutions and decision makers around the world. If this sounds like you, please apply!
Bloomberg is an equal opportunities employer, and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.