Do you want to work as a System Manager in the biggest sovereign wealth fund in the world, together with lots of highly skilled people? In New York? Then we have the job for you.
We are seeking a dedicated and results-orientated System Manager to join the Systems Core Delivery Team within the Technology area. Systems Core has responsibility for the management and strategic development of our core investment systems, applications, services and processes. The System Core team also collaborates on development efforts and coordinates with various internal groups to ensure high quality performance, support, maintenance, and documentation.
As the successful candidate in this role you will have responsibility for the operational management, change, incident, and service request handling for various trading, order, and portfolio management related systems. You will work closely with business units and other Technology and Operations teams at Norges Bank Investment Management, with the primary goal of supporting end users, driving change and innovation, managing BAU activities, and ensuring operational stability for our systems.
The position is located in New York, NY and will report to the Head of Systems Core Delivery Team. Some travel will be required.
Main responsibilities As part of this position you will be working on some of the following tasks:
* Taking responsible for engaging/communicating with end users on system questions, incidents, processes, development items and best practices
* Primary point of contact for portfolio managers and traders in the New York office
* Documenting and analysing end user requirements and participate in projects
* Identifying development areas, whether technical, data, or process related, and drive change
* Managing testing and communication of major changes across user base in all NBIM locations
* Building and maintaining competence on Norges Bank Investment Management's systems solution set
* Developing and maintaining strong relationships with internal clients and stakeholders
* Bachelor's degree with strong academic records, advanced degree is a plus
* Minimum 3 years relevant experience working with information systems within the investment management space
* Strong familiarity with capital markets instruments (equities, fixed income, foreign exchange) and the investment lifecycle
* Knowledge and experience with order management systems and electronic trading platforms
* Experience with platform integration (interfaces, APIs)
* Experience implementing scalable and repeatable business processes
* Well organized with the ability to manage several priorities with a hands-on approach
* SQL, Python, C# experience is a plus
* AWS and Microsoft Azure experience is a plus
We are looking for people with some of the following characteristics
* International curious mindset with an eagerness to learn
* Proactive and self-driven work style and a good team player
* Passionate and enthusiastic developer and user of technology to make things better for the business
* Ability to take ownership of issues and someone with a problem-solving mindset
* Strong stakeholder management across all levels
* Ambition to excel and a high level of integrity
* Excellent collaboration and communication skills in written and spoken English
What we offer
Norges Bank Investment Management offers a rewarding, international fast-paced working environment, and the opportunity to play a role in safeguarding and building financial wealth for future generations as part of one of the world's largest funds. Norges Bank Investment Management has a performance culture that values the contribution of every individual and focuses on professional growth.
Our core values of excellence, innovation, integrity and team spirit underpin our culture and how we operate across all our offices. We collaborate and share information within our organisation which consists of 37 nationalities. English as our common working language. Our organisation is grounded in trust, high ethical standards, a flat hierarchy and diversity. We aim to increase the share of women to exceed or match the industry average across all functions.
Norges Bank Investment Management is committed to ensuring Equal Opportunities for all employees.
* Competitive Base Salary
* Gender - neutral leave, Maternity and Paternity Leave
* Health Insurance
* Income Protection
* 401 K contribution
* 25 days holiday
* Support to take necessary courses and certifications to keep up with technology
Norges Bank Investment Management, does not sponsor a visa petition or other work authorization, nor will the company provide relocation assistance, for this position.
Contact details: Questions regarding the position may be directed to William Panora, Head of Systems Core Delivery Team,
Please note due to GDPR we will only accept applications made via the recruitment portal.
Opening dates for applications 12th January 2021
Deadline for application is 26nd January 2021.
No Agencies please, this is direct recruitment via nbim.no and we will not be engaging with recruitment firms.