Newmark Knight Frank (NKF) is one of the world's leading commercial real estate advisory firms. We provide a fully integrated platform of services to prominent multinational corporations and institutional investors across the globe, as well as to occupiers, owners and developers of real estate on a local, regional and national level. NKF's 16,000 professionals operate from more than 400 offices worldwide. Newly formed, TheActivationGroup
is an independent division within Newmark focused on harnessing the power of consulting, brokerage and technology in a manner radically different from traditional CRE outsourcing service models in the industry.
Placement for this position will be a highly competitive and selective hiring process. This specific position is a rare opportunity to work directly alongside executive leadership and one of the most prominent and influential figures in modern the real estate industry, Michael Ippolito, as well as his partners. Michael is a 30+ real estate veteran who founded the firm's Global Corporate Services business and grew it to $200m in annual revenues over 8 years. He's completed numerous award winning transactions, currently serves a variety of Fortune 500 companies, and has founded his most recent venture TheActivationGroup. This position affords 1) professionals seeking next-level career development and continued education with a real-world entrepreneurship/apprenticeship under one of the most prolific real estate teams in the industry today 2) the opportunity and latitude to demonstrate your own skills in strategic thinking, leadership and accountability while being recognized for your talent and adding value to the platform. Job Description:
The Transaction Manager is responsible for managing transactions and engagements for global portfolios with multifaceted business operations and assets. Essential Job Duties:
- Support the Account Manager/Principal-in-Charge in aligning transactions with the client's corporate real estate objectives
- Collaborating with an assigned business unit/region to understand and support their operational requirements and expansion or contraction of the business
- Implementing the transaction process to complete seamless transactions on behalf of the client and in accordance with client processes and procedures
- Sourcing and managing third party brokers/service providers where required
- Coordinate calls, meetings, and managing deliverables across the Account Team, Subject Matter Experts, and Client
- Goals include following the internal standards, policies, and procedures that will result in aligned support of business unit requirements and portfolio management/optimization
Other Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Skills, Education and Experience:
- Act as the liaison between the landlord, the local broker, the Account Manager/Principal-in-Charge and the Business Unit/Regional Real Estate Director.
- Continually stay informed of local, national and global real estate trends and innovation
- Assist the Account Manager in the execution of Corporate Real Estate (CRE) portfolio strategy through lease renewals, new leases, sub-leases, lease terminations and land & building purchase and sales.
- Assist Financial Services in the preparation of financial analysis to be presented to senior leadership in support of annual budget development
- Coordinate all project processes, including requirement definition, financial and qualitative analysis and project justification and approval.
- Coordinate and execute all steps surrounding the transaction including the completion of project initiation sheets, market surveys, client tours, RFPs, Counterproposals, LOI, test fits through to lease execution and project closeout
- Coordinate with internal team members to prepare reports for and present Annual Strategic Review, Quarterly Business Reviews, and Weekly or Monthly real estate activity status updates
- Participate in the marketing process for ACT accounts or projects, including proposal and presentation preparation, travel, and attendance at meetings with potential clients
- Create and maintain corporate level reporting related to the portfolio and performance
Benefits and Perks:
- Undergraduate degree and/or advanced degree and experience in related discipline (business, finance, real estate, architecture, engineering or law)
- Minimum of 5-10 years corporate or commercial real estate (or related) experience.
- Understanding of legal and financial aspects of a transaction process.
- Demonstrated client relationship management
- Strong written and oral communications and computer skills (analytical and report writing) necessary.
- Industry leading Parental Leave Policy (up to 16 weeks)
- Generous healthcare
- Bright Horizons back-up care program
- Generous paid time off
- Education reimbursement
- Referral Program
- Opportunities to network and connect
Benefits/perks listed may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Newmark Knight Frank and the job location. Working Conditions:
Normal working conditions with the absence of disagreeable elements. Note:
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Newmark Knight Frank
is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.