VP, Digital Product Manager
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
PIMCO launched a Client Digital group in 2018 to build and oversee a portfolio of digital products for clients and PIMCO Account Managers. The Client Digital team is focused on building products that will be a significant value-add to PIMCO clients and complement PIMCO's asset management services and expertise. This fast growing and innovative "start-up" within global financial giant is seeking a Digital Product Manager, focusing on investment and retirement products, to join the team.
In partnership with the business and subject matter experts, the Digital Product Manager will be responsible for product strategy, managing a multi-year digital product vision, and driving forward the build and maintenance of digital products. Specifically, the Digital Product Manager will oversee PIMCO's Portfolio Analysis and Retirement products, requiring some expertise in investing and financial planning concepts. This role can be based in New York or Austin. RESPONSIBILITIES
The Digital Product Manager will be responsible for building high quality experiences for our users, which includes financial advisors, institutional clients and PIMCO account managers who service these clients. Candidates for this role must have proven experience in making the complex simple and must be obsessively user centric, making product decisions based on user preferences, data and research. In addition, candidates must be comfortable with financial concepts including portfolio construction, asset allocation, and risk management and financial planning concepts including social security planning and retirement de-accumulation. We are seeking candidates who understand these subjects and will also be able to interact confidently with PIMCO clients and Account Managers to digest user feedback and preferences.
Candidates must be highly collaborative, as the role requires partnership with design and engineering on a daily basis to conceive, test, and execute new products. Experience working in agile software development environments is preferred but not required. Experience building stand-alone products and integrating partner or agency work is highly valued, given PIMCO is pursuing a combination of build and partner strategies across the product portfolio.
Important to note, this role will not be responsible for Marketing or Digital Marketing but will partner closely with those global teams as needed on launch and distribution strategy. Position Requirements: REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelors' degree from accredited institution
- 8+ years of experience in product management
- 8+ years of financial services or fintech experience
- Prior financial services experience, preferably within wealth management or asset management is required.
- Proven track record of articulating a product vision, executing strategy, and managing stakeholders
- Analytical and data driven decision making experience
- Prior experience writing user stories, acceptance criteria and grooming backlogs
- Prior experience working with design on wireframes and visual design
- Industry credentials (CFA, CFP, etc.) are a plus
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office