- New York, NY, USA
- Permanent, Full time
- Credit Suisse -
- 21 Aug 18
Vice President/Director, Project Management, Private Fund Group, Asset Management
In its Asset Management (AM) business, Credit Suisse offers products across a broad spectrum of investment classes, including equities, fixed income, and alternative investments. Credit Suisse's AM business handles over $425 billion of assets for clients. These clients include governments, institutions, corporations and private individuals. In the New York office, our business focuses on alternative investment strategies, as well as capital raising by the Private Fund Group.
Our Private Fund Group (PFG) is the world's leading placement agent with three main lines of business.
- In our Primaries business, we raise capital for domestic and international direct investment firms, including private equity, buyout, real assets, credit/distressed, secondary, infrastructure and emerging markets funds, from investors worldwide, including public pension, corporate pension, sovereign wealth, endowments, foundations, financial/insurance companies and family offices.
- In our Secondary Advisory business, we advise clients seeking to sell limited partner fund interests or portfolios of direct assets through secondary transactions, and we help clients resolve a particular situation through a structured solution.
- In our Directs & Co-Investments business, we raise capital for direct investments in companies and projects alongside investment firms.
We have professionals located in New York, London, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo and Sydney.
Our Senior Project Management role (Director or Vice President position) provides excellent exposure to the alternative investment business. You will lead fundraising mandates and manage the group's direct contact with the senior partners of our private equity clients, as well as with the heads of our clients' marketing and investor relations teams. Project Managers manage all elements of a fundraising process, including:
- Sourcing new fundraising mandates for the Private Fund Group
- Working with the Due Diligence team to evaluate prospective fundraising opportunities
- Providing advice to clients regarding fundraising strategy, sequencing, structuring, timing, and investors
- Articulating complex marketing messages and preparing compelling fundraising materials
- Providing advice with respect to legal terms and conditions
- Communicating with senior distribution team members worldwide to organize and track the fundraising process
- Managing deal teams and coaching junior team members through formal and informal feedback and review processes
You should have financial services experience, ideally including fund placement, investor relations, financial sponsors or private equity experience. Credit Suisse is noted for the diversity of our employees, but seeks those with a common set of abilities-highly motivated and creative individuals who have the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team. We aspire to build future leaders who add fresh perspectives to our business.
We are looking for:
- You are a highly motivated and bright individual who enjoys working in a dynamic environment, where attention to detail and a deep understanding of the big picture are equally critical
- You are a well-rounded thinker, with both quantitative and qualitative skill sets (including extensive experience with Microsoft Excel, Microsoft PowerPoint, and Microsoft Word)
- You are an articulate communicator who also recognizes the importance of listening
- You are a leader who engenders dedication, assumes responsibility and mobilizes others
- You are a critical thinker with excellent problem-solving skills, who has the ability to process and digest information rapidly and nimbly
- You are an enthusiastic self-starter who achieves significant results
- You are a considerate and adaptable team member who can build positive relationships
- You are a principled professional committed to the highest standards of ethical behavior