Vice President, Emerging Markets Debt Trader (New York)
Description About this role
Elevate your career by joining the world's largest asset manager! Thrive in an environment that fosters positive relationships and recognizes outstanding performance! We know you want to feel valued every single day and be recognized for your contribution. At BlackRock, we strive to empower our employees and effectively engage your involvement in our success.
The Emerging Market Debt (EMD) Trading team executes all of BlackRock's EMD cash and derivative products. This includes substantial volumes of government and corporate cash bonds, OTC interest rate and credit derivatives. The desk supports a variety of internal businesses, including Global Macro and Fixed Income hedge funds, long only funds, ETFs, and Index funds. The growth in Emerging Market activity now requires extra focused trading resource to allow for expansion in this sector. The team is seeking an Emerging Markets Debt Trader who will be based in our New York office. Key Responsibilities:
- Provide 'best execution' across a range of emerging market fixed income instruments, primary focus to be in LatAm Credit through cash and derivative products, for all BlackRock's internal businesses.
- Manage orders and trade flow in a logical risk-controlled manner with a high sensitivity to fiduciary responsibilities.
- Monitor activity across a range of emerging and developing markets, providing detailed feedback to internal partners.
- Supporting investment teams in terms of information flow, technical inputs, trade ideas, data requests.
- Dealing with day-to-day administrative issues in support of trading activities and liaison with trading operations.
- Pro-actively contribute to the investment process to both reduce transaction costs and identify alpha opportunities.
- Working with internal IT and analytics groups to develop systems, analytics and coordinate trading activity.
- Help drive trading forward from a technology perspective.
- Operate as part of a highly collaborative and encouraging team culture.
- Ad hoc project work.
- Minimum 4- 6 years of direct experience in trading emerging markets and an exposure to/knowledge of a broad range of fixed income asset classes and products with equal proficiency in cash and derivative products
- Strong understanding of bond mathematics, credit risk factors and implications for risk management.
- Portfolio construction experience a plus
- First rate understanding of the liquidity and market microstructure of emerging markets across external debt, local currency and foreign exchange; track record of managing liquidity in an efficient and risk-controlled manner.
- Experience and technical understanding of trading both cash instruments and credit and rates derivatives (CDS, IRS, OIS, TRS).
- Established relationships with banks and brokers that are active in the main emerging markets; first rate understanding of the relationships between domestic participants in these markets.
- Degree(s) in relevant subjects such as economics, mathematics, engineering, physical science.
- CFA qualification/part qualification would be an advantage
- Willingness to self-learn Python as a language
- Effective communication skills and demonstrated ability to work with multiple partners.
- Enthusiastic and positive approach to market challenges.
- Excellent analytical skills applied in a practical environment.
- Well organized, disciplined approach, with a high level of attention to detail.
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of June 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.32 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | Blog: www.blackrockblog.com | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law.