Payroll Analyst Austin, TX/en-US/Q2/job/Austin-TX/Payroll-Analyst_REQ-2708/apply
Q2 is currently seeking a Payroll Analyst to join our growing Payroll Team. In this role, you will be responsible to ensure payroll is processed accurately and timely, researching and resolving the accounting treatment of complex and unusual payroll-related transactions, providing monthly payroll reporting by department, vacation accrual and usage, and smoothly implementing or rolling-out various payroll projects during the year. This individual will also focus on maintaining and administering the payroll system and files and will be the primary point of contact for any required payroll reporting.
- Process bi-weekly payroll for 900+ employees as well as new-hire and terminated employee information
- Work with Human Resources to maintain and update payroll related employee records (salaries, benefit deductions, 401(k) contributions, direct deposits, garnishments or other court ordered deductions)
- Track bonus accrual, vacation accrual, commission accruals and related journal entries
- Process bonus and commission payments
- Reconcile employee benefits to payroll deductions and process HSA, FSA and 401K contributions to employee accounts
- Research payroll discrepancies and take proper corrective action as needed to achieve compliance and accuracy
- Monitor and reconcile all required payroll reports and ensure that such reports comply with established policy, procedure, and requirements
- Work with the payroll vendor to ensure payroll tax compliance in applicable states
- Monitor state and federal unemployment
- Work to enhance payroll process and system capabilities and maintain internal controls to adhere to SOX guidelines
- Be the liaison for any audit requests related to payroll, payroll taxes, and unemployment or workers compensation
- Responsible for ensuring that all security, availability, confidentiality and privacy policies and controls are adhered to
EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
- Bachelors degree or equivalent combination of an Accounting education and/or experience
- 5-7 years of equivalent payroll and general accounting experience
- Prior experience using a 3rd party payroll system, preferably Workday Payroll
- General knowledge of accounting policies, practices and procedures, including but not limited to the monthly close process and proper accrual accounting
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Exceptional work ethic, highly efficient and accurate
- Must pay close attention to detail
- Excellent time management skills and ability to multitask and work independently or as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills with a customer service focus
- Trustworthy and discreet with confidential financial and employee data
Posted TodayFull timeREQ-2708
Q2 is a financial experience company headquartered in Austin, Texas. Driven by a mission to build stronger communities by strengthening the financial institutions that serve them, we empower banks, credit unions, and other financial services providers to be an ever-present companion on an account holders financial journey. Combining the leading features, integrations, and operations capabilities in the market with data-driven insights, open technology, and a unique problem-solving process to drive emotions and outcomes, Q2 helps our customers unlock new opportunities, grow faster, and improve efficiencies.
To build stronger communities by strengthening their financial institutions. We do it with our purpose-driven culture, and by helping banks and credit unions stand apart in their communities. Were a growing team of high-performing self-starters who are passionate about creativity and exploration in every challenge.
To ensure that our nations financial institutions are equipped to provide for their communities financial needs, today and tomorrow.
To empower financial institutions to be the ever-present companion on their account holders financial journey. We do this by using data-driven insights, open technology, and unique problem-solving approaches to help FIs deliver exceptional experiences for their account holders.