At Texas Capital Bank, we are driven by a single-minded and unwavering mission: to serve business and the individuals who run them. We use a consultative approach and innovative technologies to develop new ideas that give the bank and our clients a competitive advantage. We partner with our customers to push the boundaries of whats possibletogether.
Headquartered in Dallas, Texas Capital Bank has offices in Austin, Fort Worth, Houston, Richardson, Plano and San Antonio, and we serve clients in a variety of industries from coast-to-coast.
We are on the Forbes Best Banks in America list, and were named a top place to work by The Dallas Morning News, Houston Chronicle and San Antonio Express-News.
The Solution Architect is a digital enabler and technical leader with a deep understanding of business goals, business strategies, business processes and solution architectures within a specific business unit or technology domain. The Solution Architect designs and enables the development of Business Platforms that deliver business benefits within a specific business unit and moves TCB towards a digital future.
A Solutions Architect at Texas Capital Bank is:
- Innovative and Bold Explores ideas where Technology improves business value
- Invested and Engaged - Collaborates on solutions to deliver business value
- A Learner and Curious Uses multiple channels to constantly learn and grow
- Contributes to strategic technical roadmap for a Tech Domain or Business Division and a heavy contributor to tactical implementations
- Establishes architecture definition and direction for Business Platform(s) within a business unit or technology domain to align with business needs, business strategies and TCBs Technology strategy
- Introduces new technologies in initiatives and coaches and mentors teams on using new technologies
- Proposes technology architecture solutions based on business and technology considerations
- Defines technology solution architecture(s) to guide contextualize solution development for Agile delivery squads
- Hands-on work with Agile delivery squads to groom backlog and assists with delivery of improvements to Business Platforms
- Aligns initiatives with long-term enterprise goals and architectural standards
- Prepares and present designs and any known exceptions to Architecture Review Board
- Carries out responsibilities with minimal level of supervision for complex tasks and no supervision for more routine matters
- Collaborates with senior business and IT stakeholders to secure strong engagement for the solution and ensures that the delivery of the Platform aligns to longer-term strategic roadmap
The duties listed above are the essential functions, or fundamental duties within the job classification. The essential functions of individual positions within the classification may differ. Texas Capital Bank may assign reasonably related additional duties to individual employees consistent with standard departmental policy.
- Bachelor's Degree required in a related Information Technology or Computer Science discipline
- 15+ years of experience in support, development, design and implementation of technology solutions on large initiatives - preferably in Financial Services
- 5+ years of experience producing deliverables such as technology designs, architecture overviews, design patterns and technology blueprints within an architecture framework such as TOGAF
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in solution engineering and development
- All Technology Domains - Demonstrated application of skills and knowledge across technology domains (networking, application, infrastructure and security)
- Digital technologies Demonstrated application of skills and knowledge across digital technologies (Cloud, Data, App Architectures (APIs, Event Streaming), Automation) and with Agile delivery methods (Scrum, Kanban, DevOps)
- Strong leadership and negotiation skills with business and technical groups
- Ability to think critically and solve problems
- Strong consultative skills at a cross-functional level
- Experience leading efforts to create technology solutions and architectures impacting critical areas of the business
- Experience developing strategic technology plans and roadmaps, including business capability planning
- Experience designing, integrating and managing complex infrastructure solutions and application solutions
- Ability to communicate both business and technology concepts effectively across all organization levels (both IT and business)
- MS Office skills including Visio, PowerPoint, Excel and Word and experience using these tools to build system designs and provide updates during Agile ceremonies and other forums
Additional Skills Relevant to this Position:
- Experience in IT Risk Management frameworks and processes is preferred
- Experience designing, developing and/or supporting technology solutions for regulatory compliance (e.g. FFIEC, Information Security NIST, Data Encryption, Data Masking, Information Privacy CCPA, GDPR) is preferred