Sr. Engineering Lead - Software Development
We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $1.91 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 2,800 employees in 17 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
We provide the building blocks, platforms and self-service tools that enable high availability, operationally resilient and scalable applications to enable our business to deliver value. Quite simply, we make it easier for other people to build and operate. As part of this team, you will join a hardworking group of technology professionals who enjoy taking on challenges, such as:
- Lead the roadmap, design, and delivery of developer platforms.
- Understand broad knowledge of software development and how it is applied at PIMCO to solve business challenges
- Communicate and broadcast status across company to various partners
- Organize day to day workload for team
- Collaborate across organizations to align schedules and delivery
- Intake and triage requests from stakeholders
- Partner with other PMs to optimally deliver value through cloud technology
We are growing our new Tech Hub in Austin to create the next generation of engineering practices and platforms to support our developers and business partners into the next decades. We are looking to a Senior Technical Program Manager to set the vision and lead the delivery of our developer platforms.
Do you want to collaborate with stakeholders and set the roadmap? Are you hyper-organized and proficient in a form of agile software development? Do you believe that technology is an enabler - not a magic bullet?
Above all, compassion and collaboration are needed. You will be working, consulting, and helping many teams an enabler with an opportunity to make a large impact. Financial services experience is a bonus.
We are looking for a candidate who has:
- Delivered technology platforms in an enterprise environment
- Managed stakeholders
- Built products from inception to delivery including ongoing operations and DevOps
- A product mindset
- Experience working cross functionally with development teams
*Please note we are open to hiring in Austin and Newport Beach Position Requirements:
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science, Mathematics or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Minimum of 8 years professional experience
- Deep development expertise in full stack languages (we use Angular, Java, Python, .NET)
- Cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP, Kubernetes) experience
- Superb interpersonal skills
- Influencing without direct authority
- Nice to haves: Finance industry experience
PIMCO is committed to offering a comprehensive portfolio of employee benefits designed to support the health and well-being of you and your family. Benefits vary by location but may include:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance and travel coverage
- 401(k) (defined contribution) retirement savings, retirement plan, pension contribution from your first day of employment
- Work/life programs such as flexible work arrangements, parental leave and support, employee assistance plan, commuter benefits, health club discounts, and educational/CFA certification reimbursement programs
- Community involvement opportunities with The PIMCO Foundation in each PIMCO office