Corporate Treasury, Operational Risk, Insurance Group, Associate - Dallas
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB CORPORATE TREASURY
Manages the firm's liquidity, funding, balance sheet and capital to maximize net interest income and return on equity through liability planning and execution, financial resource allocation, asset liability management, and liquidity portfolio management. DIVISIONAL RISK
The Divisional Risk team works across the division to assess and calibrate risk frameworks, driving optimisation of financial resources on internal and external metrics.
The Insurance team within Corporate Treasury is an independent risk management function, with the mission to support active risk management across the firm and the goal to procure risk transfer insurance products to mitigate the firm's and its businesses' risk exposures globally. The Insurance team procures property, casualty and management liability insurance on behalf of the firm and its various businesses. The ideal candidate should have an interest in pursuing a career focused in risk mitigation and resource efficiency, and be interested in solving complex business problems and playing a pivotal role in shaping the forward strategy. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Primary Responsibilities
- Participate in placement process for the firm's property and casualty insurance for corporate, asset management, commodities and real estate businesses
- Work with deal teams to evaluate risk profiles of real estate and corporate acquisitions
- Facilitate pricing and reporting of insurance coverage and data
- Engage with internal stakeholders, brokers, insurers and third party administrators
- Review GS claims trends, track and monitor losses
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- 2-5 years of experience in insurance placement (e.g. in house risk management team, broker or insurance company)
- Bachelors degree required
- Strategic thinker willing to challenge the status quo and think creatively about insurance products
- Strong interpersonal skills, including ability to collaborate with and influence colleagues and external insurance stakeholders
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including ability to present to senior stakeholders with impact and influence
- Enthusiastic, intellectually curious and desire to understand the different areas of the firm
- Ability to work in a fast-paced dynamic environment, with a strong delivery focus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity