Division Securities Change Management Vice President
Operations is a dynamic, multi-faceted division that partners with all parts of the firm to provide banking, securities, and asset management services to clients around the world. In addition, Operations provides essential risk management and controls to preserve and enhance the firm's assets and its reputation. For every new product launched and every trade executed, it is Operations that develops and manages the processes and controls that enable business flow.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Our core value is building strong relationships with our institutional clients, which include corporations, financial service providers, and fund managers. We help them buy and sell financial products on exchanges around the world, raise funding, and manage risk. This is a dynamic, entrepreneurial team with a passion for the markets, with individuals who thrive in fast-paced, changing environments and are energized by a bustling trading floor.
WHAT WE DO
At Goldman Sachs, our culture is one of teamwork, innovation and meritocracy. We often say our people are our greatest asset and we take pride in supporting each colleague both professionally and personally. From collaborative work spaces and mindfulness classes to working from home and flexible work options, we offer our people the support they need to reach their goals in and outside the office.
As a member of the Global Change Management team, you will be responsible for leading the delivery of key projects in support of the divisions goals from inception through implementation, including those with strategic change in Front to Back environment, regulatory response initiatives and efficiency/optimization opportunities.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Bring Operations, Engineering and Business project sponsors and stakeholders to the table to build complex solutions while balancing competing priorities
- Scope, define and plan realistic but aggressive delivery expectations in conjunction with project stakeholders
- Requirements gathering to elicit actionable functional specifications that can build real life systems
- Understand strategic plans, business, process and architecture and use that to influence design and develop solutions
- Drive user acceptance testing and implementation, including building proactive risk mitigation practices into established guidelines
- Be a champion for efficiency by partnering with Operations business units to streamline processes, mitigate risks, lower costs, reduce service issues and generate ideas for new frontiers of efficiency
- Bachelors / Undergraduate Degree
- 5+ years of work experience in a business analysis / project management function supporting both business process and technology implementations
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Visio and SharePoint
- Demonstrate excellent process and project management skills
- Ability to engage with and influence stakeholders outside their direct control
- Comfortable facilitating project working groups and possesses strong data gathering skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, written and oral; confident in interaction with senior stakeholders
- Strategic thinker with strong business analysis and planning skills. Capable of identifying and interpreting wider-ranging issues such as, Big picture understanding, providing creative & innovative solutions, and the ability to formulate the implications of a specific solution across processes, e.g. costs, risk, service
- Have a proven track record of scoping and driving delivery of projects and achieving results independently, on time and to budget including a strong analytical skills including process analysis. Very strong interest in the underlying detail of the analysis
- Project management skills including project scope definition; project issues, challenges, risks definition; status reporting; User Acceptance Test execution
- Strong organization skills - ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize accordingly
- Exemplary attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure
- Be highly collaborative, team-oriented and strong consensus builder
- Demonstrate understanding of Operations processes and procedures and an ability to learn quickly
- Knowledge of products and processes related to the financial services industry would be an advantage, as is related experience in technology strategy or in a client service or business function and / or management consulting
- Demonstrate comprehensive understanding of job-related operational and compliance procedures
- Understands and appropriately addresses Goldman Sachs compliance and reputational judgment issues