CONFLICTS & BUSINESS SELECTION TECHNOLOGY provides technology solutions designed to efficiently process conflict check requests and to help identify, assess and manage situations that could lead to potential conflicts of interest.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
CONFLICT AND BUSINESS SELECTION
Our team of engineers builds solutions to the most complex problems. We develop cutting-edge systems and processes that form the core of our key business and enable transactions to move in milliseconds. We provide real-time access to critical deal information and crunch billions of data points each day to inform firm-wide market insights and strategies. Team members have the opportunity to work at the forefront of technology innovation alongside industry leaders and make significant contributions to the field. The Business Selection and Conflicts Resolution Group (BSCRG) is responsible for identifying, assessing and managing potential conflicts of interest globally in order to protect and maintain client relationships, safeguard confidential information and protect the firm’s reputation. In addition, the team helps to navigate the increasingly complex business environment to identify the best commercial opportunities for the firm. The Conflict Assessment and Business Selection (CABS) system has been designed to automate the business unit’s workflow as well as to deliver critical information about the firm’s interest in particular companies to help in the assessment of any potential business.RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Design, develop and maintain components of the CABS system
• Perform hands-on development; participate in architecture and design discussions, design reviews
• Work closely with other technology teams across the firm to develop data feeds
• Work closely with the global user group to support and enhance the applications to meet new requirements
• Understand the business workflows to assist in analyzing and converting business requirements into technical specifications
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• BS/MS in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
• 7+ years software application development experience
• Object-oriented design and development experience in Java
• Core Java experience is preferred
• Web UI development experience
• Basic database experience and familiar with document oriented DB technologies (MongoDB, Elastic
• Agile methodology experience
• Financial industry experience
• Familiar with Test Driven Development
• Conceptual understanding of Asynchronous-Event-based processing
• Familiar with messaging systems such as JMS/RabbitMQ/Kafka etc.