Principal/Associate Director Software Engineer
This is a Web Developer role. The developer will play a key role in the design, development, and testing of world class front-end business web applications. This includes researching, designing, documenting, and modifying software specifications throughout the production life cycle. The Web Developer will work with projects designed to create and customize web-based applications for the capital markets industry.
- 5+ years of experience developing multi-tier web applications in the front-end space
- Strong experience with most of the following technologies:
- HTML / CSS
- XML / JSON
- REST APIs such as Microsoft Web API
- Background working in a Microsoft development environment with experience in C#
- Solid understanding of REST and/or SOA
- Good exposure to technology-neutral programming concepts
- Exposure to Software Design Patterns
- Proficient with client interface design in the web or mobile arena
- Knowledge of the HTTP protocol and application layers desirable
- Amazon AWS experience is a plus
- Computer science, software engineering, interface design or information system degree preferred or equivalent experience
IHS Markit is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or accommodation to use our website to apply to a position, please contact email@example.com or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only.
We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit is proud to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment drug testing. As a federal contractor in the United States, IHS Markit is required to participate in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work in the United States. For information regarding legal rights and protections in the United States, please click on the following links:
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Statement
----------------------------------------------- Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.