Senior Back End Java Software Engineer
Our Corporate & Investment Bank relies on innovators like you to build and maintain the technology that helps us safely service the world's important corporations, governments and institutions. You'll develop solutions for a bank entrusted with holding $18 trillion of assets and $393 billion in deposits. CIB provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk, and extends liquidity in markets spanning over 100 countries around the world.
As an experienced member of our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
- BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
- Expertise in application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
- Advanced knowledge of architecture, design across all systems
- Experience in building high-performance latency-sensitive back-end applications.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of Java 8 , with excellent core understanding
- Strong experience in building concurrent / multi-threaded software in Java
- Strong experience in Object Orientated design.
- Strong computer science foundations.
- A clear understanding of messaging technologies, including HTTP and message buses.
- Experience in running, maintaining, and troubleshooting software deployed to Linux
- Experience in full software development lifecycle with agile methodologies.
- Experience in test driven development using modern source control and continuous integration.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong organisational ability, time and project management skills to juggle many priorities
- Knowledge of industry wide technology strategies and best practices
- Keen understanding of financial control and budget management
- Ability to work in large, collaborative teams to achieve organizational goals, and passionate about building an innovative culture
Ideally, you would also have:
- Experience in forex (FX), options, emerging markets, commodities, or rates products
- Experience developing web-based applications, preferably with large user bases
- Experience with the following tools & technologies
- ActiveMQ / ZeroMQ / Tibco / MQ / similar
- TCP / UDP
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 14 technology hubs worldwide, our team of 40,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $9.5B annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will not only transform the financial services industry, but also change the world.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.