MVS System Programmer, (AVP) Irving, TX
The role of the z/OS Systems Programmer is to be part of a team of technicians providing 'on-site' and 'out of hours' support of the IBM z/OS operating system software and associated OEM products within the CTI Data Centers. The z/OS Systems Programmer also provides support in a consultative role to other teams within Citigroup. Key Responsibilities
- Identify and analyze business requirements to integrate hardware storage operating systems and connectivity solutions in line with strategic direction
- Serve as subject matter expert (SME) on systems configuration and integration performance analysis and optimization
- Design and impact timely delivery of resilient infrastructure solutions that meet business requirements and are stable resilient operationally supportable and cost effective
- Impact cost saves and cost avoidance by standardizing design solutions and exploring opportunities to recover unused capacity
- Manage the engineering of the installation & maintenance of z/OS operating system software and associated OEM products according to Citi's software rollout strategy.
- Coordinate the builds of 2 SSMF global rollouts annually.
- Evaluate the criticality of installing security integrity fixes.
- Develop the schedule of significant technical activities globally.
- Work with the Storage & Hardware teams to deploy tech refreshes.
- Perform the pre & post change reconcilement validation.
- Engineer & test the disaster recovery procedures.
- Oversee the tracking & remediation of end of life software.
- Drive vendors for timely resolution of problems.
- Experience with IBM mainframe hardware & software products
- Recent college grads with mainframe experience will be considered
- Must have US work authorization ( this position is not sponsoring visas )
- Must be local to Irving, TX or willing to relocate themselves (relocation assistance is not provided for this role)
- Understanding fundamental data processing concepts & terminology.
- Working knowledge of a programming language (REXX, JAVA, COBOL, Assembler, etc.).
- Familiarity with TSO, ISPF, JCL, zOSMF a plus. Possessing problem determination skills.
- Basic usage of PC tools (Word, Excel, etc.). Creating written procedure documentation.
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or equivalent work experience
Technology Job Family:
Infrastructure Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting