Vice President, Core Java Applications Development Technology Lead Analyst- C13- IrvingTX - R2049893
The Java Applications Development Technology Lead Analyst is a senior level position responsible for establishing and implementing new or revised application systems and programs in coordination with the Technology team. The overall objective of this role is to lead applications systems analysis and programming activities. Responsibilities:
- Partner with multiple management teams to ensure appropriate integration of functions to meet goals as well as identify and define necessary system enhancements to deploy new products and process improvements
- Provide expertise in area and advanced knowledge of applications programming and ensure application design adheres to the overall architecture blueprint
- Utilize advanced knowledge of system flow and develop standards for coding, testing, debugging, and implementation
- Develop comprehensive knowledge of how areas of business, such as architecture and infrastructure, integrate to accomplish business goals
- Provide in-depth analysis with interpretive thinking to define issues and develop innovative solutions
- Serve as advisor or coach to mid-level developers and analysts, allocating work as necessary
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
- Conduct tasks related to feasibility studies, time and cost estimates, IT planning, risk technology, applications development, model development, and establish and implement new or revised applications systems and programs to meet specific business needs or user areas
- Monitor and control all phases of development process and analysis, design, construction, testing, and implementation as well as provide user and operational support on applications to business users
- Utilize in-depth specialty knowledge of applications development to analyze complex problems/issues, provide evaluation of business process, system process, and industry standards, and make evaluative judgement
- Recommend and develop security measures in post implementation analysis of business usage to ensure successful system design and functionality
- Consult with users/clients and other technology groups on issues, recommend advanced programming solutions, and install and assist customer exposure systems
- Ensure essential procedures are followed and help define operating standards and processes
- Has the ability to operate with a limited level of direct supervision.
- Can exercise independence of judgement and autonomy.
- Acts as SME to senior stakeholders and /or other team members.
- 6+ years of relevant experience in Apps Development or systems analysis role
- 6+ years' experience system analysis and in programming of software applications
- 5+ years' Experience in Core Java, multithreading, data structures, algorithms, Annotations, Generics
- 5+ years' Dependency Injection using Spring/Google Guice, AOP, Data/Java Bean validation, in-memory java object caching,
- 3+ years' experience in Micro Services, Containers such as Dockers, Cloud platforms like AWS, Google Cloud.
- 3+ years' experience on Spark and other BigData technologies
- 3+ years' NoSQL DB handling in java specifically MongoDB, XML and document handling in Java, Messaging JMS, ORM in Java (Hibernate/ iBatis etc), Json - Formats and Parsers, Batch/Scheduling frameworks (Spring Batch, Quartz), Unit testing - Junit, jmock/mockito.
- Should be able to write SQL queries , Indexes.
- Strong knowledge on build (Ant/Maven), continuous integration (Jenkins), code quality analysis (SonarQube) and unit and integration testing (JUnit)
- Good analytical, debugging and problem solving skills.
- Passion for research, ideation and exploration
- Organized and able to manage a diverse project portfolio
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Hands on experience in development not in maintenance.
- Good experience in API Development or API Gateway.
- Experience in Web Services, preferably REST APIs
- Experience in using build/deploy tools such as Jenkins, Docker and OpenShift
- Experience in AI/ML
- Experience with Agile Development
- Container services network expertise (EKS, GKE, ECS, etc)
- Experience in managing and implementing successful projects
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) in at least one area of Applications Development
- Ability to adjust priorities quickly as circumstances dictate
- Demonstrated leadership and project management skills
- Bachelor's degree/University degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology or equivalent experience
C13 Job Family Group:
Technology Job Family:
Applications Development Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting