Voice Engineering Team Lead
CTI Engineering's function is to define and develop Citi's technology strategy. The group is responsible for Firm-wide technology product development, governance and development of technology standards, IT Optimization in support of technology expense base management, approval of deployment designs, technical vendor management and internal customer communication and partnership.
This role is a member of the Citi Technology Infrastructure (CTI) Network and Voice Services Voice Engineering team's Contact Center Telephony Service Pillar, which is responsible for owning and maintaining Contact Center Telephony and Global Dial Plan product sets required by the Regional Engineering teams to design and implement voice solutions globally. Working in close cooperation under the same leadership with the Office Telephony, Voice Recording and Trader Telephony Service Pillars, it jointly focuses on solution architecture, strategy, certification and design consisting of more than 40 experienced voice engineers.
This position is for an experienced team lead responsible for managing the daily tasks, administration, delivery planning, status reporting and performance monitoring of a team of highly technically skilled engineers employed in multiple locations geographically. Key Responsibilities:
Knowledge and Experience:
- Day to Day management of the engineering team responsible to standardize, test and certify voice products developed by Ribbon (formerly Sonus) and Avaya.
- Build a high performing team by creating an inspiring environment using fully transparent communication
- Support maintaining and defining strategy, project scope, deliverables, roles and responsibilities in collaboration with the engineering lead, the peers in the technology service pillars, the architects, product management and operational partners and business stakeholders
- Continuously collect, review and track status centrally from the individuals and virtual teams formed for specific certifications
- Manage performance continuously including holding mid-year and year-end assessment discussions while provide timely and regular feedback
- Organize necessary trainings among colleagues and externally, grab the opportunities to assign individuals so they can learn the most on the job without risking business commitment targets
- Provide coaching and be able to maintain or even elevate motivation levels in times of ambiguity
- Actively engage with other technology domains including Security, Systems and other disciplines to consolidate potential differences in assignment, tracking and management of efforts
- Ability to manage expectations upwards, occasionally to senior leaders with honesty and openness, providing clear justifications, focusing on impact and potential compensating controls
- Maintain and improve documentation quality of the workflow by ensuring thorough internal reviews
- Multiple years of professional experience with managing teams and leading people
- Prior experience with setting stretch goals, driving performance
- Relevant experience in IT Infrastructure
- Experience on the Voice over IP technology area is a plus
- Advanced Excel skills (Formulas, Functions, Pivot Tables)
- Basic knowledge of Linux and Microsoft Windows Server operating systems
- Understanding key information security concepts is a plus
- Excellent organisational, interpersonal and verbal and written communication skills.
- Time management and prioritisation skills
- Ability to develop strong working relationships
- Ability to manage multiple activities and changing priorities with an open mind and a necessary level of flexibility
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet tight deadlines
- Ability to work in a matrix reporting environment
- A desire to continually update, enhance and validate development skills with hands-on approach.
- Self-starter with ability to take the initiative and master new tasks quickly
- Methodical, attention to detail
- Excellent team player
Job Family Group:
- Preferably educated to undergraduate degree level, or equivalent, in a Business, Product Management, Project Management or Engineering based discipline (Electrical/Electronics or Computer Engineering)
Technology Job Family:
Systems & Engineering Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting