Cognizant is looking for Python/AWS Developer to join our Artificial Intelligence and Analytics practice (AIA) for a remote project. As a trusted advisor, responsible for providing an approach for the overall project. As a domain specialist, you will drive technology discussions and analyze the existing gaps in addressing business needs. You are a thought leader-comfortable challenging the status quo to enhance our current services and technologies.
About AI & Analytics: Artificial Intelligence (AI) and the data it collects and analyzes will soon sit at the core of all intelligent, human-centric businesses. By decoding customer needs, preferences, and behaviors, our clients can understand exactly what services, products, and experiences their consumers need. Within AI & Analytics, we work to design the future—a future in which trial-and-error business decisions have been replaced by informed choices and data-supported strategies.
By applying AI and data science, we help leading companies to prototype, refine, validate, and scale their AI and analytics products and delivery models. Cognizant's AIA practice takes insights that are buried in data and provides businesses a clear way to transform how they source, interpret, and consume their information. Our clients need flexible data structures and a streamlined data architecture that quickly turns data resources into informative, meaningful intelligence. Cognizant Technology Solutions will not be able to provide sponsorship for this role now or in the future. Responsibilities
- Create and maintain optimal data pipeline architecture, assemble large, sophisticated data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build the infrastructure required for optimal extraction, transformation, and loading of data from a wide variety of data sources using SQL and AWS ‘Big Data' technologies
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to deliver impactful insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency, and other key business performance metrics
- Work with partners including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs
- Create data tools for analytics and data scientist team members that assist them in building and optimizing our product into an innovative industry leader
Why Choose Cognizant?
- 5+ years of experience in a Data Engineer role, who has attained a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Informatics, Information Systems or another quantitative field
- 3+ years of experience of Python programming experience with object-oriented/object function scripting languages (Scala is plus)
- 3+ years of experience with Big Data tools: Hadoop, Apache Spark, Kafka, etc.
- 1+ years of experience with AWS cloud services: S3, EC2, EMR, RDS, Redshift
- 1+ years of experience with relational SQL, Snowflake and NoSQL databases, including Postgres and Cassandra
- Experience with stream-processing systems: Storm, Spark-Streaming, etc. (nice to have)
It takes a lot to succeed in today's fast-paced market, and Cognizant Technology Solutions has become a leader in the industry. We love big ideas and even bigger dreams! We stand out because we put human experiences at the core. Our associates enjoy robust benefits and training opportunities from our industry recognized, award winning Academy team. You will have access to hundreds of technical training to keep your skill sets fresh and have opportunities to acquire certifications on the latest technologies.
Everything we do at Cognizant we do with passion—for our clients, our communities, and our organization. It's the defining attribute that we look for in our people.
If you love ambiguity, excited by change, and excel through autonomy, we'd love to hear from you!