Contract - Network Operations Senior Engineer Texas, Southlake/en-US/TDAmeritrade_careers/job/Texas-Southlake/Contract---Senior-Engineer--Network-Operations_R-884/apply
This is a Non-Employee Contractual Worker or Temporary Worker providing services for TD Ameritrade. This Non-Employee role will be employed by TD Ameritrades preferred 3rd Party Supplier only.
As a Non-Employee Contractual Worker or Temporary Worker, the expectation is to collaborate across the technology operations organization to execute services supporting approximately 11,000 users, 3 major data centers and 10 million clients. This individual will execute lifecycle, maintenance and support of enterprise infrastructure platforms and must have the ability to function autonomously in a collaborative culture with focus on business outcome(s), impact to the firm and client service orientation.
The Senior Engineer will:
- Perform incident response and break-fix triage for issues related to a variety of network platforms.
- Infrastructure including but not limited to routing, switching, firewall, load balancer and market data technologies.
- Partner with requestors to execute tasks provided via request portal for service delivery.
- Conduct analysis and provide suggestions to improve the delivery of services by the team.
- Execute and improve vulnerability and resiliency management strategies which includes patching, reboots, infrastructure testing and other proactive maintenance tasks.
- Provide mentorship and leadership to emerging talent within the infrastructure technology.
- Executes and provides feedback for operational policies, procedure, processes and standards.
- Provides subject matter expertise in cross-functional strategic and tactical efforts.
- Provides subject matter expertise and leadership in triage for escalated production incidents.
- Partners with key vendor providers to escalate and troubleshoot severity issues.
- Assist in developing engineering and operational service metrics with actionable plans to improve operational efficiency, enhance service quality/SLA, and optimize delivery.
- Propose, design, and implement enhancements and additions to current environment
- Lead the development and execution of scripts focusing on the enhancement and efficiency of day-to-day tasks.
- Collaborate with team members to provide feedback on the enhancement of operational policy, process and workflow.
- Evaluates and actions against metrics analyzing the performance of the infrastructure operations team to ensure timely and accurate services delivery.
- Create and maintain Run Books, defining day-to-day support, maintenance, troubleshooting knowledgebase of the infrastructure.
- Provide mentorship and leadership to emerging talent within the infrastructure technology (in the form of cross training, workshops, and knowledge sharing).
- Conducts peer review analysis and acceptance for new or modified processes to ensure sustainability and repeatability.
- First, Second and Third level troubleshooting for infrastructure, supporting trading and client and associate services.
- Perform implementation, maintenance, remediation, and troubleshooting services for infrastructure, supporting trading and client services
- Analyze and execute configuration and audit strategies to assist in ensuring compliance with standard settings and security direction
- Provide delivery services as a working member of a core project team delivering business projects.
- Collaborate with application owners to install, configure and deliver third party product installations.
- BA or BS Engineering, Computer Science or related field
- Subject Matter Expertise in the following technologies, including but not limited to: Internet/ISP (Edge) routing, Firewall, Route/Switch, Cloud Proxies, VPN, Load balancers
- Extensive Network Engineering and/or Operations experience within e-commerce or financial services industry
- Experience, knowledge and understanding of the industry leading infrastructure systems and tools such as:
- Hardware: Cisco 2900, 4000, 6500, Nexus 5000, 7000, 9000, RSM, MSFC, SFM, 3600, 7200, ASR, ISR, Citrix Netscaler, and Juniper SRX3600 to SRX5600
- Protocols: TCP/IP, HSRP/VRRP, EIGRP, OSPF, BGP, SNMP, MPLS, QoS, WCCP, and IPSEC
- Infrastructure: LAN, WAN, and MAN
- TCP/IP, IP subnetting, VLANs, Ethernet, routing and switching, DHCP, DNS and QoS
- Basic networking concepts, Network systems administration, Packet analysis
- Scripting: Python, Perl, Powershell
- Server: Red Hat Enterprise Linux, Windows Enterprise Server
- Virtualization: VMware vSphere & vCenter
- Storage Technologies: EMC, IBM XIV
- Middleware: WebSphere, Apache Tomcat, Tibco ActiveMatrix & Enterprise Messaging System
- Cisco Call Manager, Cisco Unity voicemail, Cisco SIP Proxy, and WebEx
- Cisco Gateway, Gatekeeper configurations and administration, including SRST
- SIP and H.323 protocols
- HPNA, Corvil, Tivoli, NetScout and Splunk
- Ability to develop automation using Python and/or Perl
- Understanding of security and risk, especially as it relates to patch and configuration management, logging, alerting and monitoring
- Extensive troubleshooting, triage, root cause analysis and performance monitoring skills
- Should have an understanding of current industry trends and their advantages with ability to right fit into an existing environment
- Experience with ITIL and/or other similar frameworks preferred
- Background working in organizations that provide 24x7x365 support
- Ability to leverage creative thinking to solve problem scenarios
- Ability to achieve successful outcomes in handling difficult situations and when working with various customers and levels of management
- Ability to communicate effectively with technical and non-technical audiences
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment
- Military education or experience may be considered in lieu of civilian requirements listed
To all recruitment agencies: TD Ameritrade does not accept agency resumes without a signed contract and use of the agency portal. Pease do not forward resumes to our job alias, TD Ameritrade employees or any other company location. TD Ameritrade is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Posted 2 Days AgoFull timeR-884 Were in the business of transforming lives and investing for the better. This is not a catchphrase, its our essence. Its a rally cry for everything we do, everything we say, everything we embody. This is the promise we make each day to positively impact our clients, our Associates, our communities, and our shareholders. Because change doesnt happen overnight. It happens in the daily high standards we set for ourselves and our role in the world. This purpose gives us a clear sense of responsibility. As a leadership brand, we utilize our assets, our scale and our people for a greater good.